Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damage had been done by then. The decision to drop back should have been made with 11 on the pitch and make Brentford work to get on terms.
Fair enough and perhaps if a defender can't be trusted to give himself 10 yards goal side of a striker then we should just revert to 541 and hope we score from a set piece...but we were actually better than that for the first time since I can remember!

Unfortunately, you can't forsee a defender making a horrific blunder. A more experienced head would've tried to get right side and accept that they might score. No way we lose today with 11v11.
You can protect that inexperienced player though by having more players around him....which is what we should have seen once we took the lead.

One of if not the oldest saying in sport let alone football is "play to the whistle", I've never seen a total switchoff like today before, that one takes Yobo doing his boot up off top place.

Everyone was carrying on as though we would do a double and have the u23s and 1st team relegated, But Leeds could easily do it, as their u23s went down last week, as long as its not us obviously i dont care, would love to watch final day knowing we are safe like we all would but its Everton so probably wont happen

No Dave
Seamus & Holgate should never have left the lad exposed.
They wouldn't have done if we all weren't going gung ho for the second as Lampard apparently wanted them to.

Brentford couldn't believe their luck we'd left a young CB on his todd like that.

Had we taken the lead against a rampant Brentford side then ok perhaps shut up shop and hit on the counter but the momentum of the game was all with us to score two or three before HT then manage the game second half.

two or three before half time? we’re you watching? i will say it for about the umpteen times today. having ten men lost us the game and only that

Status
Not open for further replies.