Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re professionals and I’m sure they wouldn’t throw a game, especially against a Leeds team they apparently have issues with. Really awful to hear of what happened. Hope whoever is responsible is brought to justice.
I’m not so sure. Seeing how this affects Toney in particular who now refuses to take a knee because of the lack of impact it now has, the whole squad will feel their teammates pain. It’s one thing when it’s you who is on the receiving end, but it’s even worse when it’s your loved ones who have suffered the abuse. Echo your last point, these people need identifying and given life time bans.

We should have beaten Watford away.
We should have won today.

We are running out of opportunities.

I just can’t see us beating Palace.

It’s down to the last game and we are dependent on Leeds losing at Brentford cos we ain’t getting anything but a drubbing at Arsenal.

Might be handy if Newcastle beat Arsenal. (If we need a point there). Arsenal will still need to beat us regardless but if news filters through that Spurs are hammering Norwich then their ground will be flat as a pancake.
can't even think about that yet tbh mate, it's Thursday. All on Thursday.

Is it easier to beat Palace at home than get something away at top-four chasing Arsenal?

Yes, it is.

Can see us getting another point at the most. The chance was there when we went to Watford and the manager and players were pathetic.

Just have to hope Leeds don’t win at Brentford.

Honestly can’t remember a season as depressing and as hopeless as this for a long time.

It all started with the appointment of Benitez so is 100% on Moshiri.

The players have been despicable though due the majority of the season. No more than a handful are good enough to play in the PL any more.

two or three before half time? we’re you watching? i will say it for about the umpteen times today. having ten men lost us the game and only that
Well it could have easily been 2-0 before the red card if Richarlison could hit/head a barn door. What game were you watching?

We should have beaten Watford away.
We should have won today.

We are running out of opportunities.

I just can’t see us beating Palace.

It’s down to the last game and we are dependent on Leeds losing at Brentford cos we ain’t getting anything but a drubbing at Arsenal.
If, if all that does happen, then we don't need Leeds to lose to stay up.

Leeds have to win to stand any chance of finishing above us

But Thursday is what matters.

one more win - maybe even one more point - that is all that will be between us and safety, if the worst happens

thanks Benitez you tit.

you mean if we were given the penalty

ffs
Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. My point was before the red card, Everton were the superior side and had chances to score (Richarlison heads wide with a gaping open goal and hits wide on his favoured left foot from 12 yards) before we even took the lead. We were robbing them of possession and basically all over them. At that point the game was heading in the direction similar to the home cup game against Brentford or even better with a 2-3 nil lead ahead by HT.

This was turned on its head when we weren't awarded a penalty and Branthwaite was sent off for switching off and being in a poor position from a long clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.