Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Palace be on the beach? @Drico
I'm not sure it matters, because we seem to be finding ways to blow the lifeline that we created for ourselves. Our hope on Sunday, if it goes that far, is that Brentford will want to have some kind of a party in front of their fans. We need to rely on ourselves - which, admittedly, is now a leap of faith. So, we have the Palace match to end all this. I'm very pessimistic about that after today. Leeds today fought to the end. They got something. They won't go quietly. We must be the same. But if we cannot finish this on Thursday, I fear the worst. Maybe we'll get out of it. I'm not optimistic after today. We're in the margin of error now and the errors are conspiring against us.

We are prime easy to mess up fodder, that’s why we can’t see us getting anything!!! Burnley will get at least 1 point and Leeds will turn over Brentford, our club is a cautionary tale for the future
Nah, we win that game today if it’s not for pure corruption. Refs have clearly been instructed to keep this relegation battle going as long as possible. We will beat Palace.

The Watford game was the glaring opportunity. I said at the time it's likely we'll have to roll the dice against Brentford and chase the win at some point. Why didn't we do that against the 2nd worst team in the league?

It was incredible naivety/borderline stupidity from Lampard. A win against Palace is going to be extremely difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.