Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are talking like Palace are prime Barca ffs, we can definitely beat them. I refuse to believe this goes down to the final day with us relying on other teams.

It’s mad really considering how much people slate the players for their supposed lack of fight.

We’ve beaten Leicester and Chelsea in the past few games, we are likely to beat Palace and be safe before the weekend.

It’s like people are gagging to be negative.

This is awful. How did we manage to mess these last 2 fixtures up so bad.

Watford were there to be put to the sword.. and we didn't..

And now we throw away out lead into a losing position within a couple minutes today.

Even a draw in todays game would have allowed us to only really need a draw against Palace.

I actually think out future basically now relies on Brentford beating Leeds.

I'm not confident at all on us doing it ourselves.
The Watford game was understandable. It built a platform for today's game. We were ok until a naive young player lost his composure and then we were up against it.

Remember people saying a draw with Watford was a good result?, Leicester showed showed how bad they are. absolutely pathetic last 2 games. Got ourselves in a good position and messed it up.

People are talking like Palace are prime Barca ffs, we can definitely beat them. I refuse to believe this goes down to the final day with us relying on other teams.
Should have mullered Watford, should have beat Brentford at home with them having nothing to play for

Need to pull our finger out. 2-1 up at half time knowing a win would guarantee safety and we pooed the bed.

Reasons to be optimistic; up until the red card we were great! Purposeful, on the front foot and looked a real threat. Hopefully have Godfrey back for Thursday. Brentford are a decent side. Leeds will find that difficult to go there and win.
Think Allan needs to start on Thursday with Doucoure and Iwobi in a 4-3-3. Still think we’ll do it!!!

Even if we win on Thursday and stay up we'll still be back in a relegation scrap with this team next season. Its championship standards at best. The few players that are good enough and do care don't deserve their teammates anymore then we do.

This is awful. How did we manage to mess these last 2 fixtures up so bad.

Watford were there to be put to the sword.. and we didn't..

And now we throw away out lead into a losing position within a couple minutes today.

Even a draw in todays game would have allowed us to only really need a draw against Palace.

I actually think out future basically now relies on Brentford beating Leeds.

I'm not confident at all on us doing it ourselves.
Good luck defending against Olise, Zaha and Benteke with this lot.

Not winning at Watford could be the match we all look back on…. Can’t believe we got another week of all this stress
Exactly, why not twist and go for three points? We had 4 games in 11 days starting at Watford and a win there wouldve meant this evening we would be safe. Worse case we would still need 3pts.
But we hadnt the bottle to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.