Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ryan Mason may be in charge of Spurs for our game.

not sure how I feel about that TBH. surely Dyche has him on toast, tactically speaking.
It's a tough game made tougher imo.

Regardless of their form they have the tools to hurt teams.

I think we have a decent chance at home, but on balance think we might be limited to taking one point rather than three.

Could a way to look at it be that we just have to outperform 3 teams from 12 over the next 10 games? I know a few have games in hand but generally if we equal/better 3x teams form over the next 10 games we should stay up.

Likewise, if Dyche can carry on the form since he arrived we piss staying up.

Still a big ask.

View attachment 207040
I think it's fair to say that if none of those teams have averaged a point per game all season to this point then expecting all nine of them to make that average by the 38th game is an extremely remote possibility.

My guess would be that one - maybe two - will get on a point per game by the seasons end or perhaps slightly more than that. The rest will be off that pace. Which is why I've maintained that 36 points is a realistic number of points to get safe.

Three points from the next two fixtures places on a solid base to get that and more.

Palace banking on Hodgson to play % over their easier run, be back to basics. They prob need 9 to 12 points, from 10 games.
He's a figurehead. I'm not being ageist, but a 75 year old manager who took his last team into the Championship is decoration. The players will organise themselves there out of self preservation for their livelihoods.

It will be REALLY interesting there if they dont get a win in their next two games.

Remember when we went there knowing a win would more or less secure survival and they were already down and had 10 players out injured and we played for a 0-0?

Yes, but that meant they had a free hit at us on the night and a defeat would have rocked us back with Brentford and Palace to come and Arsenal after that.

That point kept up our momentum. I think Lampard called those tactics right on the night...and in any case we had 2 or 3 gilt edged chances to win it.

Yes, but that meant they had a free hit at us on the night and a defeat would have rocked us back with Palace to come and Arsenal after that.

That point kept up our momentum. I think Lampard called those tactics right on the night...and in any case we had 2 or 3 gilt edged chances to win it.

Yeah but they were so poor, their players played in second gear and they were there for the taking. Ultimately it didn’t matter but it really annoyed me at the time.

Yeah but they were so poor, their players played in second gear and they were there for the taking. Ultimately it didn’t matter but it really annoyed me at the time.
I must admit I thought "that'll do" with Brentford and Palace at home to pretty much clinch it.

Put us through the grind of the Palace game though, all that stress could’ve been saved and we could’ve all had an extra 5 years on this planet as a result.

c25cc983-1383-45a9-b09a-a23bc49c7e8d-jpeg.206363

Just look what it did to Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.