Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

I'm expecting at least 40 penalties between now and the end of the season to pick up from these cowards trying to relegate us.
Jeez, get a grip. There is a very logical reason why we don't get as many penalties as the top teams! We are barely in the oppositions box enough time to warrant any potential infringements.

And it doesn't help our cause when we have diving little sh!t bags like Gordon and Richarlison embarrassing themselves and the club every game .

There is no conspiracy against us or any other team in the PL?. Nobody is trying to relagate us ,other than ourselves.

Referrees make incompetent decisions from time to time .They always have and always will.

I'd prefer to put it down to complete and utter incompetence as for it to be a conspiracy would need lots of people to be involved which would make it impossible to be kept quiet. I think we're seeing some of the worse decisions being made against us because we only see those decisions but i reckon lots of other teams have legitimate gripes. I do think though that there is a massive bias to how decisions are looked at across the board from the media to the officiating with for instance Gordon going down for a penalty last night after stepping across the Newcastle defender and him making contact with Gordon. This was described as Gordon knows what he's doing and so wasn't a penalty but i would guarantee if it had been Salah it would have been described as Salah was clever putting his body in a position to make the Newcastle defender foul him and that there was enough contact for a penalty. Not incompetence but a different view being applied.
Incompetence is where all teams are being treated equally biased in favour of or unfairly against...

This is a definite bias against us...

F them all.

Let's not give the players an excuse. Yes there have been bad decisions. We've also benefited from some as well no doubt. Overall it's probably cost us 5 points. However we got 59 points last season, even with an extra 5, will we get anywhere near that many? We need to get on with trying our hardest. We will get some favourable decisions before the end of the season, I'm sure.

It's addressed in the opening. The referees are all rotating through.
They are being dumbed down, because they know a decision they make on the field will be reviewed. So there's not as much pressure or understanding of the game to get it correct.

Last night wasn't a clear and obvious error, it's been done to death why.
City penalty was an obvious error. But because it's another dumbed down referee, they can't make the call.

if they want to bring in technology, fine. But keep it black and white - ball over the line and offside (although I hate it).
But when VAR is being reviewed for another subjective opinion. Then that defeats the purpose it was designed for.

"Hey mate, I'm not sure you made the right call. Why don't you have another look".
How the hell is that the intended purpose of the VAR. If the second person can't make the call to overturn it, how is it clear and obvious?
You’re dead right in most of what you say but miss one crucial thing: it also comes down to personalities, and in particular the personality of Riley at the top.

This is a man who I reckon is remembered by most as the dweeb, pooping himself surrounded by Jaap Stam, Gary Neville, Roy Keane and their mates. Looking like the weak school kid having his lunch money robbed off him again. Cowering.

This is the man at the top.

In rugby (I don’t watch any outside of six nations and world cups, so maybe they have their share of terrible refs too, but that’s beside the point, and I digress…)

In rugby, they use the replay system to say one of two things: either led by the ref “I’ve made my decision based on what I’ve seen with my eyes, tell me I’m definitely wrong” or, alternatively, led by the video ref “I’ve seen something you’ve missed (off the ball or whatever), take a look”.

That is strong and clear. That’s people doing their jobs with conviction and empowering officials to have the best possible chance of making the right decision as often as possible.

Sometimes, the decision might still be wrong, but under the framework of “prove me wrong” it can’t be changed, and EVERYONE knows where they stand.

Plus you get to hear the conversation because they have that conviction and clarity of roles, and there’s nothing to hide.

Why should our refs be afraid to be heard having the conversation about Allan’s yellow/red card?

The answer is simple. The man ultimately in charge at the top remembers being bullied by the bigger boys when he made decisions they didn’t like. It’s rubbish, and it’ll stay rubbish until better leadership is in place. That’ll probably never happen.

Jeez, get a grip. There is a very logical reason why we don't get as many penalties as the top teams! We are barely in the oppositions box enough time to warrant any potential infringements.

And it doesn't help our cause when we have diving little sh!t bags like Gordon and Richarlison embarrassing themselves and the club every game .

There is no conspiracy against us or any other team in the PL?. Nobody is trying to relagate us ,other than ourselves.

Referrees make incompetent decisions from time to time .They always have and always will.

????????????????????????
you would have a point if you are referring to referees all around the world, Premier league refs are the worst by an absolute mile and there hasn’t been a week of fixtures gone by for the last few seasons where there hasn‘t been shambolic decision making. You do realise these same refs are also in charge of VAR? Go and look up how many of the English refs were at the last few FIFA and UEFA Euro tournaments

Last edited:
????????????????????????
you would have a point if you are referring to referees all around the world, Premier league refs are the worst by an absolute mile and there hasn’t been a week of fixtures gone by for the last few seasons where there hasn‘t been shambolic decision making. You do realise these same refs are also in charge of VAR? Go and look up how many of the English refs were at the last few FIFA and UEFA Euro tournaments
Show me facts to prove that PL referee's are worse than any other league in the world.

Man City at home; Southampton away, Brentford away. Three cast iron penalties not given for us.

I'm still waiting for an incompetent decision in our favour this season.

Man City at home; Southampton away, Brentford away. Three cast iron penalties not given for us.

I'm still waiting for an incompetent decision in our favour this season.
I guarantee every team in the league can say the same .
So if we all say the same, there simply cannot be a vendetta against any individual clubs .

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.