Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me facts to prove that PL referee's are worse than any other league in the world.
I don't think there is any vendetta as such but I will say one thing, VAR has standard operating procedure in all of the leagues/competitions across Europe yet in the PL the PGMOL (think thats it?) see fit to do their own version of it. You would have to ask them why.

Let's not give the players an excuse. Yes there have been bad decisions. We've also benefited from some as well no doubt. Overall it's probably cost us 5 points. However we got 59 points last season, even with an extra 5, will we get anywhere near that many? We need to get on with trying our hardest. We will get some favourable decisions before the end of the season, I'm sure.
Was trying to think of any we’ve benefitted from so far, but couldn’t. Genuinely, which ones are they?

Jeez, get a grip. There is a very logical reason why we don't get as many penalties as the top teams! We are barely in the oppositions box enough time to warrant any potential infringements.

And it doesn't help our cause when we have diving little sh!t bags like Gordon and Richarlison embarrassing themselves and the club every game .

There is no conspiracy against us or any other team in the PL?. Nobody is trying to relagate us ,other than ourselves.

Referrees make incompetent decisions from time to time .They always have and always will.
This is spot on.

No transparency means the standard of officiating will never improve. Its astounding levels of arrogance to not be able to explain decisions

Mic up the refs and VAR team as in rugby, allow team referrals to VAR as in cricket, draw offside lines from players feet. Even just making these simple changes would improve officiating by a mile but they won’t bring them in because they want or keep their opportunities for match fixing and corruption.

I genuinely thought VAR would improve things massively but in the last few weeks alone we’ve seen players onside by half a yard given offside, a blatant handball in the penalty area ignored, and now a yellow card challenge given as a red, whilst forearm smashes for certain top 6 teams are waved away.

VAR hasn’t done anything to improve the corrupt officiating in the league. They don’t want to create a level playing field, it’s all about money and influencing the outcome of games.

Mic up the refs and VAR team as in rugby, allow team referrals to VAR as in cricket, draw offside lines from players feet. Even just making these simple changes would improve officiating by a mile but they won’t bring them in because they want or keep their opportunities for match fixing and corruption.

I genuinely thought VAR would improve things massively but in the last few weeks alone we’ve seen players onside by half a yard given offside, a blatant handball in the penalty area ignored, and now a yellow card challenge given as a red, whilst forearm smashes for certain top 6 teams are waved away.

VAR hasn’t done anything to improve the corrupt officiating in the league. They don’t want to create a level playing field, it’s all about money and influencing the outcome of games.
I always suspected var would just be a tool to enhance the big club bias in football. But I'm surprised at just how bad it has been. I'd scrap it tomorrow.

I think this has been the poorest season I can remember for inept refereeing. Every game I watch has a howler. What is going on

Covid finances. Every single institution took a hammering. They all want to claw it back now.

That’s why we can’t have a bottom three cut away and a title procession where people stop watching. So we now have artificially constructed relegation battle, race for Europe and top 4, and a title race that should have been over in January. We’ve also seen rigged draws for league cup and FA cup keeping all the big teams apart to ensure as much as possible that there’s top 6 semi finals and finals that more people will watch on TV.

No other league has the same type of controversy with VAR as the Premier league, none. Same technology throughout the world yet have a guess what the difference is…
Well, unless you watch every game in every league that has VAR, you are guessing.

I always suspected var would just be a tool to enhance the big club bias in football. But I'm surprised at just how bad it has been. I'd scrap it tomorrow.

That’s what they want though. VAR to be so bad they can scrap it and go back to Terry saving the ball on the line with his hands, Pedro Mendes having his goal disallowed with the ball two yards over the lie , Sterling scoring against us with the ball out of play, Gerrard getting penalties for ‘intent’ from the defender with no contact. The refs want to go back to that because it’s easier to fix and manipulate pretending it’s incompetence ‘oh I didn’t see it’. VAR means they’ve got no excuse but they’ve ruined the system so much that people want it cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.