2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would genuinely rather see Niasse return to the team than watch that useless fat tub of lard wander aimlessly about the pitch, in fact ‘wander’ is actually optimistic.
He should coat himself in silver paint and go and stand on Lord St,, he could earn a fortune posing as footballer statue.
yup, was thinking Niasse was a better striker and he's available. We could have held on to Josh King. He would have done better, he had no problem scoring against us. (i know Rafael didn't get rid of him but its just an example that there were lots of slightly less useless strikers floating about for free or next to it)
I really cant understand how anyone could argue that, after seeing him, an unfit 32 year old Rondon back from China was the best we could expect.

Yeah, but you are looking at things in the best interests of the manager, I'm looking at things in the best interests of the club.

We just can't afford to go on letting new managers come in and get there own players in, then, when they are gone, after a year or two, leaving us with players the new manager doesn't want.

The days of a manager in total control of successful clubs has gone, with the obscene amounts of wages involved these days, it is unsustainable.
Ok... Steve Walsh came in 2016 and over seen just under 300m spent on about 23 transfers of players.. in 2018 Brands came in and seen about 300m spend on 26 signings... that’s just two of your director of football men spending about 600 million pound on about 50 players all on wages... how is that sustainable. When you factor in the premier league finishes since Moshiri came in... 11th. 7th. 8th. 8th. 12th it just shows the waste and under performing of the club both on and off the pitch..

I will stick by my opinion of a football man is much better making football decisions than a business man and if I am to be sacked it should be on devious I have made and got wrong not another persons...

People will never accept Saloman even though with 1 goal he's already repaid his £0.00 transfer fee.

He'll score more here than Sandro who cost £5.5 million and was on over 100k a week yet is vilified as our worst ever signing :hayee:
Why should that make Salomon a better signing than he is? Sandro already vilified for being rubbish. Rondon isn't playing for free btw. Having said that it must've been really difficult to come into a team expecting to be back up and have time to get his fitness up without a preseason, but instead is in the deep end. He'll look a lot better to me when he is doing the job he was brought in for, late subs and being an option from the bench.

Ok... Steve Walsh came in 2016 and over seen just under 300m spent on about 23 transfers of players.. in 2018 Brands came in and seen about 300m spend on 26 signings... that’s just two of your director of football men spending about 600 million pound on about 50 players all on wages... how is that sustainable. When you factor in the premier league finishes since Moshiri came in... 11th. 7th. 8th. 8th. 12th it just shows the waste and under performing of the club both on and off the pitch..

I will stick by my opinion of a football man is much better making football decisions than a business man and if I am to be sacked it should be on devious I have made and got wrong not another persons...

The problem with both Walsh and Brands was that they were not allowed to do their jobs by our megalomaniacal owner. Our owner is a huge problem at this football club, but, hopefully the money he has seen wasted by the manager after manager coming into the club has began to worry him.

It really can’t go on, I agree with you that it should be a football man, that’s why my pick would be Michael Emanalo, who is not currently under contract with a club after leaving Monaco. He’s a very experienced man who did a superb restoring job at Chelsea. He is not alone there are other footballl men who now would be good candidates.

To be honest I would have no confidence in one of these DOF characters myself.. much rather a person who has played the game or been a manager making the decision on what a good footballer looks like.. I would rather trust the judgement of a Harry Redknapp.. Tony Pulis.. Howard Wilkinson or Alex Ferguson type football men than your Purslow.. Daniel Levy..Brands or Michael Edwards who are more suited to business than a football field..

Like I say.. if it’s my head on the block I want to fail on my own terms if I am going to rather than somebody else’s who has probably never even wore a tracksuit..

Brands was a professional footballer and was no less successful a player than Arsene Wenger, Joes Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp and dozens of other successful managers including Howard Wilkinson.

Alan Ball outstripped every single one as one of the world's finest players. He was far from a good football manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.