2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure we never had the same level of injuries.

Forgive him for being rational about Benitez
How is he being rational?

By painting a false picture that he has walked into a club in total chaos that needs total leveling? Look at the finishing positions for the last 7 years. This is not a team that has been battling relegation nor should it be with the players at its disposal.

Yet the pigman has successfully deceived a certain section with a narrative that justifies him cementing his own place, blaming everyone else around him and that an incredible achievement would be to finish 15th - a position seen only once since the Walter Smith days.

The lengths some are going to to defend this man is hilarious. Any other manager and I mean anybody, would be under severe pressure after our run of results and quite right too.

I'm struggling to see the end agenda, what are they hoping for, relegation or a last day great escape, neither of which are fun.

Results talk and his are disgraceful and the way we have shipped goals under a defensive pragmatic manager is laughable, the gamer has changed, I hate saying that as it's 11 v 11 but when some teams play football and others don't you tend t chase shadows and that is us this season.

What was your first game at Goodison?
Wowwwww... that’s a question...

I would say I went with a mate to an F.A. Cup replay... can still see it now.. game against Southampton.. night match.. got crushed going in.. in Bullens Road.. made it into the Paddock and Eamonn O’Keefe hit a winner in extra time... must of been 1981...

These are the days of austerity at Everton, and a has been kopite is the public face of this. A decent result the other evening, but totally insignificant in terms of the bigger picture, and that bigger picture is that a kopite has no place at this football club.

With that said i hope the manager does not have the virus. If he does i wish him well in his recovery, and that he doesn't get too unwell. But while i wish Benitez all the best on that front, i still do not want him as manager of this football club.
This big picture you mention and no Kopite has any place at this football club... does this apply to Dave Watson and Peter Reid and if we take it a bit further all Evertonians must be welcome which must include Steven Gerrard. Ian Rush.. Fowler and Carragher....

Must admit your reasoning confuses me somewhat..

This big picture you mention and no Kopite has any place at this football club... does this apply to Dave Watson and Peter Reid and if we take it a bit further all Evertonians must be welcome which must include Steven Gerrard. Ian Rush.. Fowler and Carragher....

Must admit your reasoning confuses me somewhat..
Jesus mate Dave Watson and Peter Reid never insulted this club, before they came here. Gerrard grew up a red. Carragher and Fowler were blues alright growing up, but those two are muppets, especially that Robbie Fowler fella. That lad is a holocaust of a human being, if you can call it that. Just go back to rawk Aldo lad.;)

Jesus mate Dave Watson and Peter Reid never insulted this club, before they came here. Gerrard grew up a red. Carragher and Fowler were blues alright growing up, but those two are muppets, especially that Robbie Fowler fella. That lad is a holocaust of a human being, if you can call it that. Just go back to rawk Aldo lad.;)
You never mentioned anything about insulting the club tho.. you said no place for a kopite and Watson and Reid were big red fans who openly admit it.. also Carragher was a missive blue..

You seem to be changing your criteria, if you were a true blue you wouldn’t care who a person supported or was previously a part of if..it meant he made Everton Football Club better..
Peter Reid.. and Dave Watson both made Everton better and given time I think Benitez will too and if he does there will be an awful lot of RED faces on here with the treatment he has received from some..

You never mentioned anything about insulting the club tho.. you said no place for a kopite and Watson and Reid were big red fans who openly admit it.. also Carragher was a missive blue..

You seem to be changing your criteria, if you were a true blue you wouldn’t care who a person supported or was previously a part of if..it meant he made Everton Football Club better..
Peter Reid.. and Dave Watson both made Everton better and given time I think Benitez will too and if he does there will be an awful lot of RED faces on here with the treatment he has received from some..
The man is a has been and a kopite Aldo lad. He's done nothing of relevance in nearly twenty years. Hmm red faces you say. There already is plenty of red faces posting here.lol

The lengths some are going to to defend this man is hilarious. Any other manager and I mean anybody, would be under severe pressure after our run of results and quite right too.

I'm struggling to see the end agenda, what are they hoping for, relegation or a last day great escape, neither of which are fun.

Results talk and his are disgraceful and the way we have shipped goals under a defensive pragmatic manager is laughable, the gamer has changed, I hate saying that as it's 11 v 11 but when some teams play football and others don't you tend t chase shadows and that is us this season.
I think the reason so many blues are cutting him slack is that they are (like me) sick of the merry go round of managers. I dont like benitez, but i dont hate him. He insulted our club, but i insult it every single day, somi wont be a hypocrite about that. He was Liverpool manager when he insulted us, yes, but what other behaviour do any of you expect from an rs manager?

so if you want to hate him, knock yourself out but i dont think we are getting relegated, i think we will finish bottom half, so i personally would rather he got a full season before being launched. I personally dont believe we can get a reputation as a sacking club, like Watford etc. because if we do, any ambitious young manager would think twice before joining us. A manager should have a season minimum to turn things around. Just my opinion like ?

I think the reason so many blues are cutting him slack is that they are (like me) sick of the merry go round of managers. I dont like benitez, but i dont hate him. He insulted our club, but i insult it every single day, somi wont be a hypocrite about that. He was Liverpool manager when he insulted us, yes, but what other behaviour do any of you expect from an rs manager?

so if you want to hate him, knock yourself out but i dont think we are getting relegated, i think we will finish bottom half, so i personally would rather he got a full season before being launched. I personally dont believe we can get a reputation as a sacking club, like Watford etc. because if we do, any ambitious young manager would think twice before joining us. A manager should have a season minimum to turn things around. Just my opinion like ?
See you are posting from a false position, I have backed him since he has been here, I always thought it was detrimental to squad/fan harmony to not do.

I have arrived at wanting him gone(still no hate anywhere) because results AND performances are diabolical.

So no mate I don't want to hate on him, I haven't hated on him, he is getting the exact same treatment any manager would when this run of results is produced. I don't WANT to keep sacking managers either but only a blind foolish idiot couldn't see this coming if results turned bad/

See you are posting from a false position, I have backed him since he has been here, I always thought it was detrimental to squad/fan harmony to not do.

I have arrived at wanting him gone(still no hate anywhere) because results AND performances are diabolical.

So no mate I don't want to hate on him, I haven't hated on him, he is getting the exact same treatment any manager would when this run of results is produced. I don't WANT to keep sacking managers either but only a blind foolish idiot couldn't see this coming if results turned bad/
But the end result is the same, we DO keep sacking managers and we both agree that is almost as unhealthy as having Benitez at the helm. I suspect the main difference between you and I is that you think we could be relegated, whereas i dont think we will be. I am not taking his side in this by the way, his face is far too slappable for me to ever cosy up to him. Its just that the utter sh1tshow we are in at present is far more to do with the different managers coming in and buying players their successor cant get a tune out of. that is what i think will take us down eventually.
so for me, hand on until relegation becomes a genuine threat (e.g. until the next six games or so have passed) because if we dont pick up big point from them, then i will deffo need a bigger set of incontinence kecks!

But the end result is the same, we DO keep sacking managers and we both agree that is almost as unhealthy as having Benitez at the helm. I suspect the main difference between you and I is that you think we could be relegated, whereas i dont think we will be. I am not taking his side in this by the way, his face is far too slappable for me to ever cosy up to him. Its just that the utter sh1tshow we are in at present is far more to do with the different managers coming in and buying players their successor cant get a tune out of. that is what i think will take us down eventually.
so for me, hand on until relegation becomes a genuine threat (e.g. until the next six games or so have passed) because if we dont pick up big point from them, then i will deffo need a bigger set of incontinence kecks!

wait so are you saying sack him if we’re in the bottom 3 with 6 games left?

wait so are you saying sack him if we’re in the bottom 3 with 6 games left?
No mate i am saying if we dont start this “easy streak” with wins, he should get heaved. Those saying we will be relegated obviously haven't watched the bottom three this season, they make us look like the Galacticos!

Status
Not open for further replies.