2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that I think Rondon will eventually prove a shrewd free transfer? He's already scored more goals than our transfer record breaking centre forward of yesteryear managed in a whole season. For a free transfer he will be fine.

James Beattie of course (I should have added 'from open play')
This is good, very good.

Top baiting here. What? You're being serious???? How very dissapointing.

Interesting you choose Klopp as an example, have you been keeping a close eye on his career for some reason?
I was merely highlighting the fact we can all pull out facts to fit our own purposes can’t we... a lot of people regard Klopp as a top boss but that record from last season would of had him sacked at the bigger clubs, that’s the point I was making nothing more nothing less...

I admire your confidence, I’ve seen nothing from Benitez’ time here that suggests to me he will improve anything. It doesn’t hurt me to admit that Benitez has a lot of experience or that he wants the best for the club. I just feel that his methods are archaic and that he no longer has the ability to perform well in the modern game.

Ruling by fear and division doesn’t work any more, the current day players hold all the cards. As for his football, it was never pretty in his heyday, but now, it makes my eyes bleed. Passive sit back defensive football is bad enough, but, when the team still can’t defend it becomes laughable. Our attacking gambits are straight out of the kick and rush book of tactics.

As for the people he leaves behind, they will be Benitez yes man and any incoming manager would want them replaced, at huge expense. The only way forward for us is to appoint a competent DOF and allow him to do his job. That way, when managers come and go, as they always do in the modern game, the infrastructure of the club remains. The new man comes in and continues to work within the parameters laid down by the DOF.
If I was a manager and my head was on the block each season I would want to be in control of my own destiny as regards what players I want in my teams.. not a very good position to be in when your future is decided by somebody else’s view of what a good player looks like.

that I think Rondon will eventually prove a shrewd free transfer? He's already scored more goals than our transfer record breaking centre forward of yesteryear managed in a whole season. For a free transfer he will be fine.

People will never accept Saloman even though with 1 goal he's already repaid his £0.00 transfer fee.

He'll score more here than Sandro who cost £5.5 million and was on over 100k a week yet is vilified as our worst ever signing :hayee:

6 pointers against Burnley and Newcastle coming up

We’ll regret not changing manager before these games.

Amazing really how our fan base are quite relaxed with a guy that has 9 points from 13 games (over a third of a season), has ripped up the only stable structure at the club, fallen out with our better players, has shown the club nothing but disrespect in the past and has done nothing of note in a decade apart from be relegated.

But here we are.

If I was a manager and my head was on the block each season I would want to be in control of my own destiny as regards what players I want in my teams.. not a very good position to be in when your future is decided by somebody else’s view of what a good player looks like.
Thats why the DOF method is preferable, managerial appointments are pretty much all short term these days. Allowing managers total control is only likely to end one way... the way it's ended for us since Moyes. Each manager berings in his players, they then get fired or resign, they leave behind the players they signed, next manager comes in same story. We end up with high paid players we can't move on. Soun familiar?

People will never accept Saloman even though with 1 goal he's already repaid his £0.00 transfer fee.

He'll score more here than Sandro who cost £5.5 million and was on over 100k a week yet is vilified as our worst ever signing :hayee:

I think people can see the insanity of buying one of Europe’s top young prospects in Moise Kean, punting him without giving him consecutive starts - and then starting Rondon 8 games on the trot when the guy is clearly finished.

They’ve had the same amount of appearances but I’d guess Rondon has had more starts.

I think Rondon would have more chance of success and given more of a chance of pleasing the fans, if DCL was playing.
He would be better as a sub.

I was merely highlighting the fact we can all pull out facts to fit our own purposes can’t we... a lot of people regard Klopp as a top boss but that record from last season would of had him sacked at the bigger clubs, that’s the point I was making nothing more nothing less...
Having won the league the season before? Not a chance he was getting sacked for 6 home losses. They then didn't lose any more home matches all season. They also won 5 away games during their 6 home game losses.

Losing 6 home games on the bounce isn't comparable to only winning 1 in 11 either home or away.

Seriously? How much do you think his signing fee was in place of a transfer fee? Let's not kid ourselves that he was a free transfer.

He has 1 goal in what, 15 appearances? And it was a tap in, having missed the opportunity for several other tap ins over the other 15 games.

It's a fair point, we've a proud tradition of procuring dog awful strikers.

It's not an amazing look for a striker at Everton if the points of reference are Beattie and Sandro though.

He'll have done well if we start arguing his merits vs. Jo and Kone.

Status
Not open for further replies.