Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there’s certainly a large chunk of people willing him to be a success against their better instincts.

That’s where I am, I think.

I want to believe he’s going to be better for us than I feared when it became clear he was going to be our manager.

I’m looking for small positives, like how hungry he seems to be. I have found myself warming to him in the interviews and press conferences he’s done, which has surprised me.

But only time will tell. I’m going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Good post and fair does mate.
It is hard enough on the Everton rollercoaster as it is without looking for positives in any situation, so I understand your point of view and position. I am just not there yet and genuinely will just wait and see how events pan out and what sort of a manager he will be for us. I will be backing the team vociferously as usual for the 90 mins each week and of course if he proves himself I’ll say well done. Can’t bear to see him in our gear still!!!!

I disliked the abominable Koeman with a passion: there was no one more pleased than me when all the family and guests at his daughter’s beach wedding got burnt feet because Fatty’s shipment of jandals got ‘lost in the post’.
However, regarding Roscoe’s departure, I am not sure we can lay 100% of the blame for that at Fatty’s door. The fatwa imposed on Roscoe kind of insisted Roscoe leave town. Now, Roscoe is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but goosing a gangsta’s mother was very ill-advised. Yes, I appreciate Roscoe and Bethany Jo are trying to make a go of it down in the midlands but BJ’s milf-ish attractiveness is rapidly becoming more GILF than MILF.
Anyway, back to Fatty K: I wish him nothing but bad luck every day of his obese corpulent existence.
Bravo, mate! Apostrophes, commas, colons, inverted commas and hyphenated adjectives!! I am just about to check out what the acronyms stand for.

Good post and fair does mate.
It is hard enough on the Everton rollercoaster as it is without looking for positives in any situation, so I understand your point of view and position. I am just not there yet and genuinely will just wait and see how events pan out and what sort of a manager he will be for us. I will be backing the team vociferously as usual for the 90 mins each week and of course if he proves himself I’ll say well done. Can’t bear to see him in our gear still!!!!
Oh yeah. It still feels weird to see the badge on him. Like it did with Allardyce and Sammy Lee.

I wonder how close John Terry got to being offered the job. In hindsight I suspect Mosh-man wishes he had gone down a less controversial route and picked Terry over Benetiz...certainly all the bitterness and divide that exists here on GOT would not have occurred.

There shall be no mercy, no quarter given. The man uttered a big meanie about us 13years ago, thus sealing his fate.

I wonder what Vitor Pereira is making of all this kerfuffle. I suggest a dual managerial appointment of Vitor, and John Terry, would have made GOT a much more content and united place

The likes of @windymiller will fight tooth and nail over this statement but that is spot on.

Until Uncle Uz decides otherwise Benitez is the man who's name you'll be singing from the terraces.
Usmanov's and Benitez's will come and go but we'll still be here, sweetums. You can call those two blobs your leaders if you like but they're just transient custodians, Evertonians are the club not oligarchs and mercenaries.

Usmanov's and Benitez's will come and go but we'll still be here, sweetums. You can call those two blobs your leaders if you like but they're just transient custodians, Evertonians are the club not oligarchs and mercenaries.

Finally we agree! So it doesn't hurt to back the manager eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.