Question of Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am from the States and I am a new Everton and EPL fan. I am excited to say I am purchasing tickets to the International Champions Cup this summer to watch Man U vs. Liverpool in Ann Arbor (an hour from my home). It will be my first ever English football game. Obviously I would prefer it to be Everton but I am excited still. My question is.. I want to enjoy the game so should I show up in my Everton Rooney kit or show love to one of the teams playing? If it's acceptable to support another side, which side? My gut says no to Liverpool but I need guidance! Thanks in advance!

coyb

Welcome mate as a new Everton supporter , also welcome to GOT

The questions you have asked are difficult to pin down exactly how you must approach this match its always going to be a matter of opinion , IMO taking into account this is a friendly match in the USA and your team is not playing it should be not taken it too seriously to not enjoy the day out at the match

Myself being born and bred a Scouser into a Evertonian family , moved to South Africa some time ago , in some way I also can relate to your situation but in my case firstly I would not be seen dead in a Manure UTD or R/S [Poor language removed] - , also would not consider shouting for either side

South Africa there are regular visits of EPL teams or PL road shows , I dont normally go unless Everton come out , but from what I have seen on TV there other EPL , LA LIGA , BUNDESLIGA shirts worn at these events

Therefore I suggest - If you are concerned an Everton shirt would get you into trouble dont wear any colours which depends how serious this is taken in the USA , if its only a bit of banter exchanged put on your Rooney shirt and " give them stick " !

So I am from the States and I am a new Everton and EPL fan. I am excited to say I am purchasing tickets to the International Champions Cup this summer to watch Man U vs. Liverpool in Ann Arbor (an hour from my home). It will be my first ever English football game. Obviously I would prefer it to be Everton but I am excited still. My question is.. I want to enjoy the game so should I show up in my Everton Rooney kit or show love to one of the teams playing? If it's acceptable to support another side, which side? My gut says no to Liverpool but I need guidance! Thanks in advance!

coyb

Wolcome la.

Just go and enjoy the game mate, not often you get to see prem teams. Just a shame its those 2 teams!!

Dont wear you EFC kit, no point.

Wear your kit with pride. Boo your heart out at every touch of the ball from every player, (with the exception of Fellani, should he be playing who I still have found memories of).

Get hammered and constantly sing "Oh Manchester, is full of ships"

The rs kopites won't understand what it means.

The younger ones defo won't know, I was talking to a young kid in work the other week, hes only 19, always singing salah songs and that and I said it's a good job youse didn't get Juve in the next round coz there fans would be all over youse over there, he said that's a low blow, I said, it's not really, they hate youse, then he said, I don't really know to much about it actually, didn't a wall fall over or something? :rolleyes: I said sort of, it was more your fans pushing them through it like

They have swept it that far under the carpet that their is now a generation that don't know what happened

Drink heavily and make a huge nuisance of yourself. Wear a 5-10 year out of date red England shirt and shout incomprehensible nonsense. Pick a particular player to take the vast brunt of your abuse. It's a fine line but you're aiming at veering between incoherence and hugely offensive personal abuse.

Vomitting, throwing plastic chairs and being arrested will add to the authenticity of being a generic fan of English football.

Do all this and don't profess to supporting anyone and you'll be taken as a supporter of the team whose fans you are sitting amongst.

Or perhaps just a normal t-shirt and enjoy it. Either way is good.

coyb
Wear shirt, boo both loud and long

How do you do fellow toffees?

fellowkids.jpg

Wear your Blue and peruse which of the Manchester team you will more than likely see wearing the same Blue when they are past their sell by date.

coyb
Never Liverpool. Never. Just don't contemplate it.

They and their fans aren't even from the city, bunch of mercenary failed glory hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.