Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down easy ain't the same as diving.

Diving is going down before or without contact. Mane does it all the time when hes already halfway through his pirouette before he brushes the defenders knee. Richarlison feels the contact and goes down which for other players in the league would get fouls but the refs have an agenda, rightly or wrongly, against him to not give anything.

Codswallop. Going down too easy can also be diving. The two are intimately intertwined.

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH SOUTHAMPTON P/C

Silva on whether Gomes could return this season
Its Not easy to give a sure date about when he will return. Feedback from medical staff is it is possible we will see him playing again this season.It looks like a really serious injury, but everything went really well and we hope we can see him playing again this season.
Of course we are not sure.

Silva on Son's exchange with Gomes
I think he received a text message from Son. Of course it was the toughest moment for Andre and the other players on the pitch.
For the two players involved it was really tough as well. Most important is to give Andre all the support he needs in this moment.

On Spurs' decision to appeal Son's red card
I am not the right person, I am here to respect all the decisions and all the clubs taken these types of decisions. I’m not going to make a comment about the red card.I was the first one to say after the match of course Son did not want to do bad intention. After that it is for the referee to decide.

Silva On VAR and meeting with Mike Riley
Of course I have my opinion, we will have this meeting this afternoon.
The manager will be there this afternoon. Not just to talk about Everton football club, we hope these type of situations will not happen with the guys again.
Sometimes you are in this moment where it looks everything is against us. Even in this moment I have to be optimistic in this situation because I respect the football because what’s happened with Everton they saw as well and have an opinion. I know they’re opininon about the penalty in Brighton.
It is not to talk about Everton but the process in general and how the fans are not happy with the situation and how we cannot stop the game for so long because it takes too long in my opinion

Richarlison is not diving
We are working to make him stronger in the contacts.
Richarlison is not a diver at all. He has zero yellow cards in Premier League for diving.
That is a fact, that means he is not diving at all.

Delph is a big doubt for Saturday
Big doubt for the game, let’s see but he is a big doubt for the game.

Chances for other players
“Since the start of the season, we lost a lot of players in that position.
This is the time for the others to take their chance.
Tom is showing that, more chances may come.
Of course, the solutions are not in a big number but it is up to me to find the solutions here.

Anthony Gordon's chances
He is close to get his chance.
He was on the bench against Watford for the Carabao Cup and involved in all the preparation and then he was with us against West Ham.
Our squad is not so big in numbers but we have these players ready and working with me every single day

Southampton will be up for the fight
Saturday a must win for both sides says Marco Silva.
Last home defeat for them was really tough.
They will want to react and show a reaction for their fans. We want to do the same, to go to compete.

Squad must stick together
After what happened with Andre we showed strong character and we have to do that again in the next match.
All the problems we speak about, we have to close our dressing room more and more and compete as Everton football club always

On Southampton's start to the season
Last few seasons they have changed a bit. Everything is really tight, with two wins you can go up to sixth position.
They haven’t started how they want, the last home defeat was the toughest moment for them.
They showed a good reaction against Man City and for sure they want to do the same against us and we have to be ready for that.
They are a physical team, try to press the opponents really well. It’s up to us to manage the ball and win the match.

The squad have shown a reaction
After the last international break we didn’t have a good moment but we reacted, we did a very good performance against West Ham.
Brighton should have been a second win in a row for us but we are now talking about a different position in the table.
The team is showing reactions and character, commitment with our goals. Even with the tough moment this is what I expect as well.
shown a reaction where? We played absolutely terrible against Spurs.

He's hardly gonna say "Yeah he loves it! Can't stop diving!" is he?
Soon to be sewn on to Richarlitons shorts as he spends more time on his arsp ....

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH NORWICH P/C

Silva offers Delph and Bernard injury update
Marco Silva says Delph a doubt for tomorrow's game. A "big doubt". Bernard "in the same situation"

Silva on Tosun
Cenk Tosun is okay.

Silva on Andre Gomes
We must take it step by step with Andre, It's the time to be really patient with him. He has come here more often doing his rehabilitation. It will be a slow recovery.

Silva on Mourinho return
Marco Silva says José Mourinho’s return to management at Spurs is “really good for the Premier League” & Pochettino should be “really proud” of what he achieved

Silva on his Everton record
Silva on record in his first 50 PL games as Everton manager "I want more in the next 50 to improve these numbers.
We as a club want to keep improving

Silva on that Brighton loss again
You remember the game we lost and how we lost?
It is important to remember otherwise we are possibly talking about four wins and one draw.
It is what it is. It was important we reacted.

Silva on reaction after Break
Silva "We reacted really strongly after the international break against West Ham & what I expect and working to achieve is to do the same after this break. Our first away win gives us confidence. A busy period starts tomorrow against Norwich

Silva on VAR meeting
You know what we spoke about is not for me to speak about to you.
We all gave our opinions and spoke about the situation.
We want to protect the Premier League and the football.
We all want VAR to work to help the referees.
They know our opinion as Everton Football Club.

Silva on Moise Kean
Moise has all the support here. He has all the support from me, his team-mates.
What is the most important is what I speak to him directly.
His present and future is with us. No doubt about that.
He wants to play in our team and is working hard...players with more experience than him,
for example Fabinho has come to the PL and not played much at first.” The first six or seven months, he didn't play. It's not the only example.
I can give you more & more

Silva on Norwich
It's another must-win game for us,,playing at home. We don't look at the table at all for ourselves & our opposition
We are really strong playing at home. The support of our fans is important & we need to show what we did in the last few games

Silva on Kean position
Maybe important for some of you (to note)he scored twice (for Italy) from the right wing
he is working hard - he wants to play in our team - it’s what I want from him. We will keep teaching him - he has the talent and quality
Silva confirms Kean will be in squad for Norwich

Silva on Tom Davies
Tom is a good example but it's not just him. The players coming from the bench are having a good impact on matches as well.
Alex & Dominic were a good example in the previous game

Another must-win game
I’ve no problem talking about a must win (v Norwich) - we have to look to ourselves playing at home.
We need big ambition - we need 100 per cent commitment while respecting the opposition
They have a clear idea - big results last season - it’s up to us to command the game and create problems for them

Maybe Silva should know as well that Italy have been playing Kean more than just that game he scored in on the right wong,as ive said over the weeks,when he was picked
The difference is a right wing under Silva and right wing for under Italy 21 might be different. I don't know how Italy U21's play but if you're right wing under Silva you're basically tracking back and attacking or hugging the sideline for a good portion, He's a striker for me through the middle, Has pace skills and can obviously finish but okay thats football

The difference is a right wing under Silva and right wing for under Italy 21 might be different. I don't know how Italy U21's play but if you're right wing under Silva you're basically tracking back and attacking or hugging the sideline for a good portion, He's a striker for me through the middle, Has pace skills and can obviously finish but okay thats football

I don't see a winger when I look at him. No coincidence according to transfermarkt that most of his appearances has been as a CF. Note it seems to not include Italy U21 data.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moi...n=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Might actually watch this one.

Marco why are you still here?

"Well, I am not in a good moment, at this moment, but am very confident that I can relegate Everton if they give me the remainder of the season. Mr Moshiri, The players, Bill and Denise love me. Marcel hates me, but I am ok with this, as he is entitled to his moment"...

Status
Not open for further replies.