Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst one should never tinker with a winning team, Brighton away is a very different prospect from WHAM at Goodison. I would proffer that the same team and formation would find it hard to break BHA down and get overrun in midfield. The midfield needs a bit more bite and we should switch more of the attacking focus to the wide areas rather than centrally. That would suggest including Delph for Davies perhaps and a front 3 of Richarlisson, DCL and Walcott (painful to write)

so you want to drop Bernard who was wonderful last week for that donkey DCL?

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH SPURS P/C

Mina has trained
He [Yerry] worked with the team this morning. We did the normal exams and it's nothing serious, it's a matter of having the conditions to support the pain he has. It's possible he can play, let's see how he will react tomorrow

We didn't take the risk against Brighton. He worked two days before the game against Watford and he felt a little bit of pain.
Michael came in at a good level as well.

As you were
You know the Bernard situation and the JP situation as well. Nothing new on them and everyone else is fine.

Silva on Richarlison role
I do not have all Richarlison’s goals in my mind so I can’t tell you if you are right.
He can play three positions in our attack-line. He can smell a goal easily if he stays around the box.

Silva on Holgate
Firstly, it was a very good moment for him (Holgate) when you score your first goal in a blue shirt it’s very important. As I say to you,
he’s been working very strong and well, we had the conversation. It felt like it was important for him to have a chat with me.
The last two performances from Mason were good. The competition is hard (between three CBs). The three are very good players and can help the team

Silva on home form
It’s tough for us to explain, it’s happened with Everton football club the last two seasons that our home form is completely different to the away form.
We’ve improved away form since previous season and we need to continue to improve.

We can not have two faces as a team, one face when we play at home and one when we play away. It’s completely different but now we put focus on our home form. It’s very good, 8 wins in the last 11 and 8 clean sheets.

Silva on Spurs
Each game you have to look and prepare in the right way, even if they didn't achieve results in their last away games. Our job is making sure they don't change against us, because at Goodison we are getting stronger every match."
We want the same types of results and the same types of performance. We’re playing a good team with a very good manager.

Im not the right person to talk about Tottenham (being vulnerable) they played the CL final last season, they have a very good manager and good players.
It will always be tough.

Our desire and our goal is to win the game so we need to have full confidence in ourselves.

Aaaaargh. It’s easy to explain why we are gash away from home... we play exactly the same way home or away irrespective of the opposition.

Our one style favours playing good teams who come at us, but obviously the better teams are better at their own ground.

Aaaaargh. It’s easy to explain why we are gash away from home... we play exactly the same way home or away irrespective of the opposition.

Our one style favours playing good teams who come at us, but obviously the better teams are better at their own ground.
See this bad run in December, against those teams we might do better, but it's the bottom of the table 6 pointers I worry about more

Status
Not open for further replies.