Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH SOUTHAMPTON P/C

Silva on whether Gomes could return this season
Its Not easy to give a sure date about when he will return. Feedback from medical staff is it is possible we will see him playing again this season.It looks like a really serious injury, but everything went really well and we hope we can see him playing again this season.
Of course we are not sure.

Silva on Son's exchange with Gomes
I think he received a text message from Son. Of course it was the toughest moment for Andre and the other players on the pitch.
For the two players involved it was really tough as well. Most important is to give Andre all the support he needs in this moment.

On Spurs' decision to appeal Son's red card
I am not the right person, I am here to respect all the decisions and all the clubs taken these types of decisions. I’m not going to make a comment about the red card.I was the first one to say after the match of course Son did not want to do bad intention. After that it is for the referee to decide.

Silva On VAR and meeting with Mike Riley
Of course I have my opinion, we will have this meeting this afternoon.
The manager will be there this afternoon. Not just to talk about Everton football club, we hope these type of situations will not happen with the guys again.
Sometimes you are in this moment where it looks everything is against us. Even in this moment I have to be optimistic in this situation because I respect the football because what’s happened with Everton they saw as well and have an opinion. I know they’re opininon about the penalty in Brighton.
It is not to talk about Everton but the process in general and how the fans are not happy with the situation and how we cannot stop the game for so long because it takes too long in my opinion

Richarlison is not diving
We are working to make him stronger in the contacts.
Richarlison is not a diver at all. He has zero yellow cards in Premier League for diving.
That is a fact, that means he is not diving at all.

Delph is a big doubt for Saturday
Big doubt for the game, let’s see but he is a big doubt for the game.

Chances for other players
“Since the start of the season, we lost a lot of players in that position.
This is the time for the others to take their chance.
Tom is showing that, more chances may come.
Of course, the solutions are not in a big number but it is up to me to find the solutions here.

Anthony Gordon's chances
He is close to get his chance.
He was on the bench against Watford for the Carabao Cup and involved in all the preparation and then he was with us against West Ham.
Our squad is not so big in numbers but we have these players ready and working with me every single day

Southampton will be up for the fight
Saturday a must win for both sides says Marco Silva.
Last home defeat for them was really tough.
They will want to react and show a reaction for their fans. We want to do the same, to go to compete.

Squad must stick together
After what happened with Andre we showed strong character and we have to do that again in the next match.
All the problems we speak about, we have to close our dressing room more and more and compete as Everton football club always

On Southampton's start to the season
Last few seasons they have changed a bit. Everything is really tight, with two wins you can go up to sixth position.
They haven’t started how they want, the last home defeat was the toughest moment for them.
They showed a good reaction against Man City and for sure they want to do the same against us and we have to be ready for that.
They are a physical team, try to press the opponents really well. It’s up to us to manage the ball and win the match.

The squad have shown a reaction
After the last international break we didn’t have a good moment but we reacted, we did a very good performance against West Ham.
Brighton should have been a second win in a row for us but we are now talking about a different position in the table.
The team is showing reactions and character, commitment with our goals. Even with the tough moment this is what I expect as well.

Richarlison is not a diver. Yeah ok Marco.
animated-lol-sign-image-0031.gif

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH SOUTHAMPTON P/C

Silva on whether Gomes could return this season
Its Not easy to give a sure date about when he will return. Feedback from medical staff is it is possible we will see him playing again this season.It looks like a really serious injury, but everything went really well and we hope we can see him playing again this season.
Of course we are not sure.
No, he's got no chance, and besides I want him to recover well and be fresh for next season

Silva on Son's exchange with Gomes
I think he received a text message from Son. Of course it was the toughest moment for Andre and the other players on the pitch.
For the two players involved it was really tough as well. Most important is to give Andre all the support he needs in this moment.
I'm not interested in Son, only Andre

On Spurs' decision to appeal Son's red card
I am not the right person, I am here to respect all the decisions and all the clubs taken these types of decisions. I’m not going to make a comment about the red card.I was the first one to say after the match of course Son did not want to do bad intention. After that it is for the referee to decide.
If he had any regrets he would not have appealed, I think its disgusting

Silva On VAR and meeting with Mike Riley
Of course I have my opinion, we will have this meeting this afternoon.
The manager will be there this afternoon. Not just to talk about Everton football club, we hope these type of situations will not happen with the guys again.
Sometimes you are in this moment where it looks everything is against us. Even in this moment I have to be optimistic in this situation because I respect the football because what’s happened with Everton they saw as well and have an opinion. I know they’re opininon about the penalty in Brighton.
It is not to talk about Everton but the process in general and how the fans are not happy with the situation and how we cannot stop the game for so long because it takes too long in my opinion
VAR is not working, when a player has his hand above his head and it's not called handball something is wrong

Richarlison is not diving
We are working to make him stronger in the contacts.
Richarlison is not a diver at all. He has zero yellow cards in Premier League for diving.
That is a fact, that means he is not diving at all.
He's really starting to get on my nerves and the crowd as well, he has had his last warning, next time he does it I take him off and he is dropped

Delph is a big doubt for Saturday
Big doubt for the game, let’s see but he is a big doubt for the game.
?

Chances for other players
“Since the start of the season, we lost a lot of players in that position.
This is the time for the others to take their chance.
Tom is showing that, more chances may come.
Of course, the solutions are not in a big number but it is up to me to find the solutions here.
There's always a chance for players, give me 100% in training and on the pitch

Anthony Gordon's chances
He is close to get his chance.
He was on the bench against Watford for the Carabao Cup and involved in all the preparation and then he was with us against West Ham.
Our squad is not so big in numbers but we have these players ready and working with me every single day

Southampton will be up for the fight
Saturday a must win for both sides says Marco Silva.
Last home defeat for them was really tough.
They will want to react and show a reaction for their fans. We want to do the same, to go to compete.
We will want it more, make no mistake

Squad must stick together
After what happened with Andre we showed strong character and we have to do that again in the next match.
All the problems we speak about, we have to close our dressing room more and more and compete as Everton football club always

On Southampton's start to the season
Last few seasons they have changed a bit. Everything is really tight, with two wins you can go up to sixth position.
They haven’t started how they want, the last home defeat was the toughest moment for them.
They showed a good reaction against Man City and for sure they want to do the same against us and we have to be ready for that.
They are a physical team, try to press the opponents really well. It’s up to us to manage the ball and win the match.

The squad have shown a reaction
After the last international break we didn’t have a good moment but we reacted, we did a very good performance against West Ham.
Brighton should have been a second win in a row for us but we are now talking about a different position in the table.
The team is showing reactions and character, commitment with our goals. Even with the tough moment this is what I expect as well.
Some of the answers he should have given. Imagine our players listening to him

Reactions: Lob

I understand what hes doing in respect of not going off on one about VAR and refereeing decisions etc.

He doesn't want to use it to excuse the fact we're playing crap, if he did (and he should) moan about decisions people would just use it as a stick to beat him with. Despite the fact we actually are getting royally done over by officials recently.

I understand what hes doing in respect of not going off on one about VAR and refereeing decisions etc.

He doesn't want to use it to excuse the fact we're playing crap, if he did (and he should) moan about decisions people would just use it as a stick to beat him with. Despite the fact we are getting royally done over by officials recently.

I don't want him letting players off the hook. If he wants to use it privately to keep morale or make that bunker mentality then ok. But I don't want to see him complaining about referees when his and the players performances aren't up to snuff. That's where his fire should be concentrated.

Well hes not gonna say he dives is he?

Klopp said the same about Mane, it would just give the refs even more reason not to give him anything.

We all know he does and so does Silva, the manager wont admit it though.

He's hardly gonna say "Yeah he loves it! Can't stop diving!" is he?

Silva has already publicly admitted that Richarlison goes down too easily a couple of days ago and has asked him to stop doing it - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...silva-encourages-richarlison-fight-stay-feet/

Silva has already publicly admitted that Richarlison goes down too easily a couple of days ago and has asked him to stop doing it - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...silva-encourages-richarlison-fight-stay-feet/
Going down easy ain't the same as diving.

Diving is going down before or without contact. Mane does it all the time when hes already halfway through his pirouette before he brushes the defenders knee. Richarlison feels the contact and goes down which for other players in the league would get fouls but the refs have an agenda, rightly or wrongly, against him to not give anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.