Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is a very likeable man, he is, however, totally unsuited to managing Everton FC in its current guise. The next manager needs to be strong enough to stand up to the owner and the board and the players, whilst being able to manage the players without alienating them. The first strike against him is that, defensively we are all over the shop, I have seen nothing in Martinez that suggests to me he is capable of reorganising a defence. The next strike against him is that he actively pursued the club through the courts n order to make sure he received every penny of his 10 million compensation. The next strike against him is having to listen to his phenomenal press conferences again.

On to the pros of appointing Martinez, he’s a likeable man, he wears brown shoes.

Having said that, if he was appointed, I would get behind him on the grounds that a/ his name is not Allardyce or Benitez, and b/ his first season here last time was probably our most enjoyable season in 20 years.

Martinez is a very likeable man, he is, however, totally unsuited to managing Everton FC in its current guise. The next manager needs to be strong enough to stand up to the owner and the board and the players, whilst being able to manage the players without alienating them. The first strike against him is that, defensively we are all over the shop, I have seen nothing in Martinez that suggests to me he is capable of reorganising a defence. The next strike against him is that he actively pursued the club through the courts n order to make sure he received every penny of his 10 million compensation. The next strike against him is having to listen to his phenomenal press conferences again.

On to the pros of appointing Martinez, he’s a likeable man, he wears brown shoes.

Having said that, if he was appointed, I would get behind him on the grounds that a/ his name is not Allardyce or Benitez, and b/ his first season here last time was probably our most enjoyable season in 20 years.
Oh he definitely is an absolute ace guy, remember all the Wigan fans saying that, he’d go and speak to them and attend fans forums and was always open.

He genuinely wanted to good here, nobody can take that from him. He was just to set in his ways, he needed to learn to shut up shop. That West Ham game still gives me nightmares when he brought Niasse on.

I dunno about Bobby's Brown Shoes because the rest of us have Brown Shoes now - both from watching the s... that has been served up and from the scary position we find ourselves in.

He also took the club to court to ensure he got the full 10 million pay off from us

................AND PEOPLE WANT THIS GUYS BACK?
You are talking rubbish, that was part of his contract when he was given a 5 year extension. If you were sacked you would push for it to.

Oh he definitely is an absolute ace guy, remember all the Wigan fans saying that, he’d go and speak to them and attend fans forums and was always open.

He genuinely wanted to good here, nobody can take that from him. He was just to set in his ways, he needed to learn to shut up shop. That West Ham game still gives me nightmares when he brought Niasse on.

The Niasse sub that day is potentially the worst substitution of all time. Horrendous.

Didn't we lose about 7 out of Bobby's last 8 home games or something?

He's on his way lads & lasses - lol - I do not think so ?

1642422835120.png

Look at his recent score against France for Belgium. 2 nil up with 30 mins to go and lost 3-2. He's not learning

His philosophy doesn't work and it certainly won't work for us in our current demise. Maybe if he was in charge of city with all their squad depth etc he might do a good job but who wouldn't.

If he really is the board's first choice (and was in the summer) then we need a new board.

There are managers with better records, who will cause less rage, cost less to hire and be more likely to turn things around than him. How is he on the shortlist, never mind at the top?

Sums it up.

He's not changed how he manages and set up a team.

Belgium are the top ranked side in international football. Have some of the best players in world football. England have got to more semi finals and finals than they have. And that's saying something.

Reason being? They can't defend. They always will give you a chance. In internationals, players take them.

He's a good cup/international manager where you have one off games and he goes out to win (while leaving the backdoor open). He is not cut out for sustainable league management.

Let him take a PSG, Barca or Real job where is all about stylish football and lacking defending.

It won't work here. It never fully did

My concern is no one seems to have looked up and realised we are in a relegation fight. Look at Norwich on Saturday - they know and battered everything that moved.

For a relegation battle, you needs passion, want, commitment and you need fight and you need to batter people, make it uncomfortable - you need dogs of war. What we will get in hush puppies and the slow, sideways pocession build up - its his philosophy.

whatever about starting from scratch in the summer i think hes the wrong fit at this time, with the job of work of ahead of us.

The fact no one at the club seems to realsie we need 21 point between now and May is a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.