Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bright side, we could copy the Benitez thread, use "Find Benitez" and "Replace with Martinez" and we'd all have more time on our hands. One divisive manager out, another, let's be fair, better dressed one in (again)

To be honest, for Roberto Martinez's sake and Everton's sake - he should not accept the job. From his point of view, Belgium has a real chance of winning a World Cup. Second, he'll be coming into a highly pressured environment (not his doing) and work for an Owner who did not believe in him in many occasions.

From Everton point of view, this is the manager who:
  • overly obsessed over defending set piece drill - which creates more nervousness
  • had players passing sideways
  • had players do very little physical conditioning - by the 3rd year, you could see most of the players can't sprint or run anymore
  • 1 hour session long tactics training
  • had players forgot how to defend
  • had little success with player recruitment
  • had not really coach and turn many young players into good players. (Everton level)
Success in international football will only translate into success in club level when you have world class talent and the squad just requires some tactical tweaks. Problem with Everton is the squad needs both coaching and tactical tweaks.

But I hope Roberto Martinez matured over the years too.

Oh grow up you will fool. "Trying to relegate us" what an idiot.
If I set sail sail on a boat with passengers that was letting in SIGNIFICANT water and I ignored the leak for over a year, I would be accused of trying to drown innocent people.

He tried to relegate us. Maybe not on purpose but that is what he was doing.

He would have done so if he was given more time. Our trajectory was freefall.

Now go back with your first girlfriend after your marriage breaks up because luvvy Bill the soft [Poor language removed] is senti-MENTAL and thinks that is the logical thing to do.

By the way, generational talent Leandro Rodriguez says high.

Part of me thinks Martinez story breaking the way it has and so soon is a red herring. Martinez literally brought Moshiri to court over his last settlement. Why would Moshiri hire someone who took them to court and why would Martinez want to work for someone he felt unfairly sacked him and who he took to court. Doesn't make sense unless Moshiri has truly taken a step back and left Bill to run things on his behalf. I think if it's not Rooney it'll be one of Moshiris agent mates clients or someone they benefit from getting in.

After Benitez, Martinez is probably the worst manager that I think we could appoint.

But what a poignant moment it would be for the Moshiri years. 6 years and half a billion later only to end up back with the manager that you punted before you'd even had a chance to open your wallet because he was absolutely useless.

What a club.

I’d rather listen to someone who lives in Ukraine and knows the Ukraine league than some rando like you posting tripe from your mums basement. Because a) he sounds legit and b) his views chime in with what we’ve seen of the lad.

You claimed he was going to be boss after the Hull game ffs.

You’re @Theoneandonly with a few more words

@Theoneandonly has been replaced it seems.

I live In Ukraine Moron. I am British.

Still wondering why you elected to call me a "moron".

Great views btw..

Mykolenko = bad signing worth £3mil
Martinez = good appointment

I'm going to throw a tenner on Mykolenko winning the ballon d'or.

Status
Not open for further replies.