Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know mixed emotions. We played well for the first season and fell apart completely in the 3rd season. He would definitely provide us with a good cup run. Could be our only way to Europa for next year.

If he was to learn from his mistakes, I’ll take him back because he really “understood the club and knew how to play attractive football.

This will be either an absolute masterstoke or relegation...genuinely think it's one or the other.

Whether we like him or not these players need the crowd behind them and the manager.

It's about time the fans step up as well.

I don’t know mixed emotions. We played well for the first season and fell apart completely in the 3rd season. He would definitely provide us with a good cup run. Could be our only way to Europa for next year.

If he was to learn from his mistakes, I’ll take him back because he really “understood the club and knew how to play attractive football.
Quite

You say fell apart in the third season and yes we were 12th with a game in hand when he was sacked but he reached 2 semi finals (one lost by a ghost goal).
When did we last have a season as good as that?

He's not changed how he manages and set up a team.

Belgium are the top ranked side in international football. Have some of the best players in world football. England have got to more semi finals and finals than they have. And that's saying something.

Reason being? They can't defend. They always will give you a chance. In internationals, players take them.

He's a good cup/international manager where you have one off games and he goes out to win (while leaving the backdoor open). He is not cut out for sustainable league management.

Let him take a PSG, Barca or Real job where is all about stylish football and lacking defending.

It won't work here. It never fully did

Marrinez guided us to our highest ever points total and he got us to two semi-finals and a quarter-final. And he did that with meagre funds. Martinez wanted to sign VVD and he wanted to sign Robertson. Kenwright told him we didn’t have the funds and got him Funes Mori instead!
Not correct! VVD was offered at 10 million and Funes Mori came in at 9.4 million

Remind you of West Ham at home, two Anfield derbies spring to mind.

Plus the signing of Naisse!, argument on the side line with Baines, Lukaku and Mirallas laughing and shaking there head on the touch line. The comment of parasitic goals which are from set pieces, after the 3 - 3 draw with Liverpool at Goodson of which two of our goals were set pieces

Horrific appointment, this list could go on forever!

Marrinez guided us to our highest ever points total and he got us to two semi-finals and a quarter-final. And he did that with meagre funds. Martinez wanted to sign VVD and he wanted to sign Robertson. Kenwright told him we didn’t have the funds and got him Funes Mori instead!

Don’t forget Kone, Alcarez etc.
We were a disaster by the time he left and I think it would be a huge mistake to bring him back.

Looking at his Belgium set up, it wouldnt be too bad if we still had Digne.

Three at the back, wing backs, Allan as a shield, Doucoure as a runner and front three of Gray, Richarlison and DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.