Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Bobby even want to come back. He knew it turned toxic before he got the boot. The planes, the flags, the protests etc… he seems it all.

Also he was an employee of the company and was told you’re gash and get out.

If he had any sense and dignity he should say no if asked.

The only positive of BBS is that he doesn't have a history with Liverpool. I'll find it easier to support a team lead by BBS than I have done over the last 6 months but it would be literally the smallest improvement over Rafael. There are soooooo many better options out there.

Any manager is going to be a risky appointment given the state of the club at the moment but going back to a former manager that didn't exactly cover himself in glory first time is a bigger gamble than Moshiri needs right now.

I think a lot of people are or were in favour of the root and branch approach of Koeman and to a lesser extent Benitez but both of these appointments have huge failures. Maybe with a different approach from Martinez with an emphasis on a young dynamic squad might work. A lot of fans didn’t want Moyes near the squad when his stock went down and look how he is doing now with West Ham. I would personally go down the Rooney or Lampard route. They have played at the highest level. Both winners and are not afraid to give young players a go. It’s a gamble but what the hell have we got to lose. We have been in perpetual mediocrity for so long.

He hired Benitez. Literally anyone could be our next manager.
I vote James.
I mean re hiring the first sacked manager of your control of the club is the most backwards approach to running a club.

I get the sentiment man but we aren't re hiring sacked managers. More chance of Kenny dagliesh or Alan pardew than Roberto Martinez.

I'm sure people forget that Sean dyche name was all over the media as about to be appointed after koeman left.

I would rather Koeman or Allardyce back before Martinez as I think he is that bad, but trying to be optimistic, he's a nice guy who might give the players a lift after the horror of working for Benitez, and he is willing to give youth a chance so think we would see more of Dobbin and Branthwaite.

Everyone with short memories read that. Wtf are we doing considering this man again!
Frankly, it feels like the universe must be broken for both Everton to want him and him to want Everton.

Though, at least from his perspective, money talks I guess.

And from ours, well, ‘Bill’ is the only explanation you need.

West Ham United once sacked David Moyes.
Martinez plays 3-4-3 with Belgium.

pickford
godfrey mina branthwaite
patterson douc allan mykolenko
gray dom richy
lol

Things that concern me:

• We need someone who can come in and improve us defensively because we have been shambolic at the back and he isn't the man to do that.
  • That downward spiral he went on when he was last here makes me think he isn't the man to reverse the trend we've been on (1 win in 10 when he was sacked)
  • I'm not sure the squad has enough technical players in it to play the way he likes
  • He would have a hard time uniting the fanbase because it got poisonous last time he was he was here. We don't need an appointment likely to be as divisive as him

The only positive about Martinez is that he's not the pig. Other then that I'm done. He's a smiling charlatan that will always prioritise his own ego over results. That being said, if he ends up the boss again. I'll back him. It'll be a disaster but I'll still back him. Its just the final bit of proof that the idiots who run us don't have the slightest clue what they're doing. Utter amateurs and incompetents the lot of them!

Disastrous proposal. Remember his playing style with 2nd rate footballers? Sideways and backwards etc, intended for top standard players. He left damaged by the abuse and would be crazy to try again. Nice chap, stick with de Bruyne and the other top players at Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.