Players you were wrong about

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL for me ... never in a million years did I see him turning into a regular goal scorer. If this season is his new level then he is looking like a very good CF that has goals in him. I wouldn’t have predicted that and I have been very critical of him in the past

Jack Rodwell and Ross Barkley. Thought both world turn out to be exceptional due their ability with both feet and creativity.

tye 17 year old Barkley was as good a 17 year old as I have ever seen in the prem and I include rooney in that. He looked like he was going to be a top player that could do things you can’t teach... problem was he couldn’t learn the things that you are supposed to be able to teach

DCL for me ... never in a million years did I see him turning into a regular goal scorer. If this season is his new level then he is looking like a very good CF that has goals in him. I wouldn’t have predicted that and I have been very critical of him in the past

Very, very critical doesn't come close but good to see you've the good grace to admit you were wrong.

Pienaar. I remember being at the game watching one of his first games for us against man utd. I think he came on as a sub and Vidic scored a header in a 1 nil loss.

I thought he looked really lightweight and didn't expect he would have any chance of succeeding at the club. But he turned out to be a great signing and was part of arguably our best team in the last 30 odd years.

Status
Not open for further replies.