Players you were wrong about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bily - genuinely thought he could be our new Kanchelskis based on two YouTube highlight videos lol

Besic - similarly, thought he'd be our own Viera/Scholes based on my very early impressions of him.

DCL - Really has came on a crazy amount last 2 seasons

Sandro - Thought he was going to be boss

Gueye - was mega underwhelmed when he signed and was very wrong

Tosun - got sucked in by that worldie of a overhead kick he scored in Europe before signing for us

Only had one decent season... he was going to be the one... and before that Beattie, Johnson etc... seems we always turned decent strikers into Marcus bents. Prob a Moyes thing.
He was boss the first season, started the second well and then snapped his achilles.

Bit harsh to call him a disappointment

David Weir , I thought he was technically poor and would get more than a few red cards . He was my favourite defender for a long time after he settled in .

Mojo I thought was going to score a lot more than he did .

John Spencer , we all know how that would end up .

I honestly thought Robert Warzycha was going to rip teams apart . Still my favourite ever player .

Van Der Meyde just broke my heart .

Cenk. Despite initial misgivings he had a short flurry of goals and activity post joining. The competition at the time included the likes of Niasse so I freely admit to having the blinkers on for this lad. Seems to be a trier but a very poor excuse for a PL striker is he.
Time has proven him to be limited and my initial view to be way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.