Players you were wrong about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Kendall. I was at his debut under the lights and wasn't impressed. Seemed to spend the whole match doing slide tackles that didn't come off.....I remember his shorts were muddy. Think he got better though.......

Wouldnt say so much proved wrong. More surprised.
Marcus bent. Had no expectations as was already a journeyman player. He bought into that lone man striker superbly. Ran his socks off.
Anders limpar. Already thought he was a good player but he was actualy a world class talent on his day. And i dont say that lightly. World class quick feet. Absolutely destroyed spurs in the lets get jurgen klinsman to a cup final semi at elland road.

I thought Ashley Williams would have been decent, Thought he was quite effective at Swansea and the CB leader type that Everton craved but he just turned into a disaster, I can't even remember if he had any standout games apart from trying to start fights with everyone.

Lineker. I thought he was quite good when we bought him and wasn't sure he was going to be as good as Gray. LOL

I thought Ashley Williams would have been decent, Thought he was quite effective at Swansea and the CB leader type that Everton craved but he just turned into a disaster, I can't even remember if he had any standout games apart from trying to start fights with everyone.
It was like he played out of his skin at euros, then came to Everton half the player. Form fell off a cliff. Never recovered.

Pienaar. I remember being at the game watching one of his first games for us against man utd. I think he came on as a sub and Vidic scored a header in a 1 nil loss.

I thought he looked really lightweight and didn't expect he would have any chance of succeeding at the club. But he turned out to be a great signing and was part of arguably our best team in the last 30 odd years.
His first game was at villa. “Too light weight for this league” was my comment

Status
Not open for further replies.