Players you thought would be good but turned out not to be so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing to admit but Ashley Williams. Fell for the "We bought Distin at a similar age and he's been great" "He's had an amazing injury record and looks after himself well" chatter. Never disliked a player so much and him hiding behind his shirt every time he made a mistake every 3 games wound me up more than anything

Thanks for that link Tipp blue, well worth a read, so I was right Stephen Wright got a premier league winners medal without playing a game for City, and another one with Arsenal after playing just ten games. Along with a few more players, including Michael Owen, Luke Chadwick and Darren Ferguson at United, who got medals for a handful of games or less, after the rules were changed.Amazingly Jack Rodwell got one with Man. City. Thanks again.

i rmember us selling beagrie and me being utterly distraught... then we signed anders.... always fun to watch, didt always happen, but when it did he was unplayable. i felt a bit like that with blomqvist, but he had about 2 good games...!

Crazy days! So much talent and yet never on display very often!

I remember going to Joe Parkinson’s testimonial in 2000, against City, and Nyarko ran the show, absolutely bossed it from start to finish, scored a cheeky back heel and I genuinely thought we had a new vieira on our hands.

Added to that, Alexandersson was on the wing and having a boss game, got injured and remember being devastated... (I was only 8, I could have overly exaggerated how good he actually was).
Alexandersson scored 2 that day... i remember thinking he was going to be amazing.... oh well.

Parkys testimonial is my favourite ever game. the reception when he came on..!

Alexandersson scored 2 that day... i remember thinking he was going to be amazing.... oh well.

Parkys testimonial is my favourite ever game. the reception when he came on..!
Bloody hell I went to that game as well. Alexandersson had his best ever Everton game.

Davies was absolute garbage. We signed him just after we finished 4th. Jokers like him were never going to get us into the CL group stages,

Cost us £4.5m (which was lot for us in those days) but was the invisible man in every game he played.

I recall him getting totally battered on post-match phone-ins after pretty much every game he played for us.
He was shocking. Wasn't he part of the class of 96 at Manchester United and him and Robbie savage never made it to the first team?

Status
Not open for further replies.