Players you just can't love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Barkley, have a soft spot for Baines, Rooney broke my heart and I idolised Ferguson. Other than that, I don't really have too much love for individual players. Might feel differently if we'd achieved anything in my time as a fan but I've got that used to our best players leaving that I tend to keep my emotional attachment for the club rather than the players.

Nick Barmby, and not just for the horrendous way he left.

I was gutted when he became our record signing. I remember when the news broke of him signing and me and my brother just shrugged our shoulders. His fat red face at Elland Road during the semi final was my abiding memory of him.

Always downed tools after an initial purple patch, and then turns up again when a contract is nearly up.
He repeated that scenario at every club he played for.

Hated him.

Loved Cahill Arteta and Pienaar. Pienaar going to Spurs was a kick in the feels. The day Arteta did his crucuatecwas just one of the darkest days as was his transfer to Arsenal. Rooney going when I was a kid was just horrible but we were so rubbish it always felt inevitable.

Rom is the strange combo of good player that for some reason I've just never been bothered about one way or another.

Hibbo. When all the laughing and rioting dies down he was a terrible, terrible footballer. Possibly one of the worst to play in the top flight, never mind for us, in the history of the Premier League.

Tim Howard but only because he was gash.
Not only because he was gash, because he was gash but thought he was top class, that's the kind of player I can't behind, someone who thinks they're better than they are. I have no hate for Tony Hibbert for example because he knew who he was and how lucky he was to be there and he is also one of the best tacklers we've ever had regardless of his limitations as an actual footballer.

Lineker,for all the goals he scored that season,I just didnt take to him,theres plenty of players to dislike because they just were not good,he was but just couldnt take to him

Nigel Martian.....Dunno just 1 of them like.
5.gray-alien-what-we-think-martians-look-like-130318.jpg

Great hands though.

I never much cared for Sylvain Distin. Thought he should still stroll into the team at 37 years old, quickly found out he couldn't even hack it at Bournemouth and hasn't caught on anywhere since then.

Pistone. Has there been another player in modern times who was more disliked? (And who wasn't sold, e.g. Barmby)

Andy Gray, don't know why, just never took to the man, have fond feelings for the rest of that early 80's team but Gray annoyed me at a visceral level....

Status
Not open for further replies.