Players you just can't love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistone....... checks dictionary for definition of gutless !!!

Martinez...... even first season knew where it was going. Check dictionary for definition of clown !!!!

Pistone....... checks dictionary for definition of gutless !!!

Martinez...... even first season knew where it was going. Check dictionary for definition of clown !!!!
I reckon Nuno Valente could give Pistone a run for his money in the gutless stakes. Lying down for that goal in the Bucharest game. Unbelievable.

Cottee for his sheer arrogance - no work rate, no effort - yet complained like no other about a lack of service. Im sure the rest of the dressing room hated him too. As poor a record signing in the history of football as there could ever be.

Barmby. Not sure where to start. He ended up teaching Arteta how to hit the first man at every corner. Years on I have no memory of him doing anything in a Blue shirt, but I still remember the little t*** taunting us and kissing the badge of the RS when he scored in a Derby Funny how little things stay with you. I hated him then and still do to this day.

More recently, never thought Beattie was good enough. Overweight, clumsy and pulling for tugs after twenty minutes - not sure I hated him like the way I do Barmby but knew from the off he wasn't good enough. On the whole I try to support them all but like the thread says, there are some you just can't to!

Lukaku...always cane across to me that we were a stop gap...nothing more. Always expected him to leave..even from the beginning. Enjoyed his goals whilst he was here but never loved the man

I play social five a side every week and for the past three years at our curry awards ceremony (sheets of paper with awards written on) I have one best goal scorer.

I have always wanted Lukaku on the back of my shirt but have always known that one day he would leave which is why I have not. I never saw him as a mainstay at this club and just this week I was starting to believe he would stay for at least another season. How wrong was I.

So I, like many other fans, have never truly loved Rom. I mean he is a phenomenal goal scorer and in terms of work rate, club representation, playing for the team and enjoying his football, I think this has been his best season yet I still can't love him because I have always felt that he knew he was better than Everton.

Recent events show why.

So this thread is for people to talk about players they knew they could never really love.

Huge congratulations on top goalscorer..... perhaps we should look to you should lukaku leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.