Players you just can't love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman
Hibbert

Osman because he was crap and annoying. Got worse after the 2009 cup final.
Hibbert because I refuse to buy in to the whole 'cult hero' crap. He was an abysmal footballer playing for the team I love.

I used to like Hibbert at first, then he just became annoying.

Wasn't his fault though, somebody kept picking him in the team!

Yeah same here.

Boss player and all that, just never one of my favourites. I'm not even sure why.
Exactly. I think he was the central figure of some of our most boring football, with his sideways passing, so has become a figurehead of that era for me, even though I know he was actually a decent footballer.

Or maybe it was his abysmal free-kicks. That's probably it tbh.

Yakubu for me. He would score against middling and poor teams, but very, very seldom did he score against the better sides or in our really big games. His lack of effort towards the end of his spell with us was a disgrace.

Exactly. I think he was the central figure of some of our most boring football, with his sideways passing, so has become a figurehead of that era for me, even though I know he was actually a decent footballer.

Or maybe it was his abysmal free-kicks. That's probably it tbh.

I did hate the raised hand thing before a corner that everyone seems to do these days. What does it mean? I assume its code for "I am going to hit the first man" or something. Just whip it in!

Yakubu for me. He would score against middling and poor teams, but very, very seldom did he score against the better sides or in our really big games. His lack of effort towards the end of his spell with us was a disgrace.

Lack of effort? His legs fell off!

He was injured for ages, finally got a game against the rs, played well and then got sold.

article-0-0134F64600000578-617_224x423.jpg

How can you not love Yakubu? Just look at his big smiley face.

Status
Not open for further replies.