Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't players donate the money to the staff at clubs? Keep them at full whack pay. Then the money the government would have to give to the club's could go to the NHS

Yes the logical thing is for the players to do something good with the wages themselves.
I've said previously players and clubs should not be financing the NHS directly themselves just cos the tory and new Labour spivs have underfunded it for years

Yes, let's pay the greedy, uncaring, selfish brats even more so they can preach to us about how much more they are contributing to the NHS via tax.
This is a shameful period in the history of football. The PFA and PL players have come out of this far worse than I could ever have imagined.
Let me answer your question directly: If the players give £500m to the NHS, the NHS get £500m. If they keep the £500m, the NHS only get £200m. That's how this greedy set of grasping, self-important, overpaid charlatans can help by taking a wage cut.
They and the PFA disgust me.

Wise up if you think premier league players should be funding the NHS

Yes, let's pay the greedy, uncaring, selfish brats even more so they can preach to us about how much more they are contributing to the NHS via tax.
This is a shameful period in the history of football. The PFA and PL players have come out of this far worse than I could ever have imagined.
Let me answer your question directly: If the players give £500m to the NHS, the NHS get £500m. If they keep the £500m, the NHS only get £200m. That's how this greedy set of grasping, self-important, overpaid charlatans can help by taking a wage cut.
They and the PFA disgust me.

But they arent being asked to take a wage cut to help the NHS, they are being asked to take a wage cut to help the billionaire owners of football clubs.

Wise up if you think premier league players should be funding the NHS
Where have I said that? What a ridiculous statement to make.
My point is that players should make a contribution and act like decent human beings rather than greedy, grasping morons. Which is how they are starting to look.

But they arent being asked to take a wage cut to help the NHS, they are being asked to take a wage cut to help the billionaire owners of football clubs.
No, they are not. They are being asked to move some of their grossly indecent wages to people who work for the same club. Would you rather have the tax payers do this instead? That would mean that NHS staff - who all pay tax - would be contributing to non-playing staff wages.
I can't tell you how incensed I am about the complete lack of human decency shown by some football clubs, most PL players and especially the PFA for blocking any contribution by some of the best paid people in the country.

Where have I said that? What a ridiculous statement to make.
My point is that players should make a contribution and act like decent human beings rather than greedy, grasping morons. Which is how they are starting to look.

You literally said this a few minutes ago: "If the players give £500m to the NHS, the NHS get £500m. If they keep the £500m, the NHS only get £200m."

If you're gonna go on a nonsensical rant at least remember it

You literally said this a few minutes ago: "If the players give £500m to the NHS, the NHS get £500m. If they keep the £500m, the NHS only get £200m."

If you're gonna go on a nonsensical rant at least remember it
Depends what you mean by funding? If you are saying that the players should not make a contribution of any kind to the NHS then I stand by my response.

No, they are not. They are being asked to move some of their grossly indecent wages to people who work for the same club. Would you rather have the tax payers do this instead? That would mean that NHS staff - who all pay tax - would be contributing to non-playing staff wages.
I can't tell you how incensed I am about the complete lack of human decency shown by some football clubs, most PL players and especially the PFA for blocking any contribution by some of the best paid people in the country.

Direct your anger at the people that deserve it mate.

You have fallen for Hancocks lies.

Football players arent the enemy here, the enemy is the Tories who have underfunded the NHS for 10 years and the billionaire owners who are stealing money from the taxpayers.

Everton are managing to pay their staff without government aid, why cant the other 19 clubs in the league?

Football players arent the enemy here, the enemy is the Tories who have underfunded the NHS for 10 years and the billionaire owners who are stealing money from the taxpayers.

Everton are managing to pay their staff without government aid, why cant the other 19 clubs in the league?
It astounds me how people always attack athletes for how much they make but never mention the owners. You see it all the time over here too. They fume at players making millions but let the billionaire owns get off scott free. These owners and the Prem should be able to pay the non playing staff salaries through his time. Players should chip in and help as well but the onus should really be on the owners and the league.

Football players arent the enemy here, the enemy is the Tories who have underfunded the NHS for 10 years, the billionaire owners who are stealing money from the taxpayers.

Let me answer each of your points in turn (I may have been watching too many coronavirus press conferences)
1. Believe me, my anger is certainly directed at the government underfunding of the NHS. Doesn't mean that I'm not angry about greedy uncaring footballers as well.
2. My views have nothing to do with Matt Hancock and I find it insulting that you think I am influenced in any way by him - that's a cheap, patronising shot.

3. Footballers may not be the enemy but they ARE greedy and uncaring.

4. Totally agree on this one. Liverpool have joined the list of clubs with our money. If Everton join that list, then my anger would be directed at them too.

Let me answer each of your points in turn (I may have been watching too many coronavirus press conferences)
1. Believe me, my anger is certainly directed at the government underfunding of the NHS. Doesn't mean that I'm not angry about greedy uncaring footballers as well.
2. My views have nothing to do with Matt Hancock and I find it insulting that you think I am influenced in any way by him - that's a cheap, patronising shot.

3. Footballers may not be the enemy but they ARE greedy and uncaring.

4. Totally agree on this one. Liverpool have joined the list of clubs with our money. If Everton join that list, then my anger would be directed at them too.

I dont think players are greedy or uncaring tho, some of them are, but most of them just want what we all want, a fair wage for a fair days work, they just happen to work in an industry that pays unreal wages.

With respect I do think Hancocks words have had an effect, the fact that you think their wages have anything to do with the NHS for 1.

Somebody made a great point on twitter tho, Macdonalds staff are currently all furloughed by the government, nobody is having a pop at them, thats Macdonalds with revenue of 21 billion last year, but yet lets all take footballers who earn a few million a year to task.

Why arent Macdonalds funding the NHS? Why arent they even paying any tax? (They may well pay tax)

It astounds me how people always attack athletes for how much they make but never mention the owners. You see it all the time over here too. They fume at players making millions but let the billionaire owns get off scott free. These owners and the Prem should be able to pay the non playing staff salaries through his time. Players should chip in and help as well but the onus should really be on the owners and the league.

Im sure if asked most would do their bit, but all Hancocks comments have done is get the players backs up.

I disagree with it all, if the NHS is 500m short it's up to the govt to sort out not premier league players.
If they want to donate money to causes (which they should) it shouldnt relate to how underfunded the NHS is by a scum govt
So meanwhile, let's deprive the NHS of £500m to make a point to the government.

Which bit of this do you disagree with?
Possibly both bits.
Only a fraction of the £200m would go to the nhs anyway. What fraction of taxation goes to the nhs?
If they gave £500m to the nhs, might the Tories reduce funding by £500m?
But then I’m old and cynical.

Status
Not open for further replies.