Player Contracts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see us getting that amount...

Its an opportunity missed i think...for £26mil we could have brought in Sangare from Toulouse and had a real physical presence in the middle.

He could have had this season to adapt but instead its all going to have to wait till summer and then no doubt we will take time to click

I would have a slightly different take to be honest, his book price is negligible and likely we would turn a profit. We would probably turn about a 22-23 mill profit against his liability. He has four years left on his contract, PSG would pay basically, 5 million a year for taking him off our hands. Is 5 million a year enough to compensate us for the four years we would be doing without him and to loose him instantly. I dont think so personally, plus his value to wage is likely quite reasonable.

Very little incentive for us to sell, especially in that market and context.

Last edited:
Nah we won't mate, he just isn't that highly rated tbh. No doubt he has some skills but they are too hidden at times, some of that is down to lack of game time and some of it down to not taking chances when getting the time.

I think it is that type of player though people struggle to find, im not sure there is that much depth in the area to be honest, City are struggling with it, Utd wasted millions on it, Liverpool have dropped millions on trying to improve it. Just my opinion mind, but i could see some wealthy club look to plug that position in their squad for 3-4 years with a player like him, given its an area teams struggle to recruit.

Last edited:

Dont think we do in all honestly Steve, certainly the business doesn't and is unsustainable at present levels in my opinion.

Our 'money' is dependent on the whim of Mosh, and maybe one other. He has the money and access to lots of money. Its whether he is prepared to spend it after recent failures that matters. Personally, I don't think Mosh (and maybe his mate)have finished investing, but he needs to be sure the money goes on the right people.

It's actually staggering how much we're paying players who are contributing either nothing, or very little. Wages aren't going to be 100% spot on, but I've looked at 5 different sites and gone with the likely wage for each of this lot.

Stekelenburg - 25k
Williams - 75k
Jagielka - 50k
Baines - 70k
Martina - 30k
Schneiderlin - 120k
Besic - 25k
McCarthy - 50k
Bolasie - 80k
Mirallas - 70k
Walcott - 110k
Sandro - 120k
Tosun - 67k
Niasse - 55k

Realistically, we wouldn't miss a single one of them, and we'd save £947,000 PER WEEK. Add in a few of the youngsters I've ignored and we'd be saving a million pounds per week, whilst still having a squad of 15 players. Now obviously we'd need 5-7 replacements but that amount of guff is just unreal. Marco and Marcel need time to turn this sinking ship around.

No I'm waiting for you to come up with a viable club that will pay 30m for gueye in the summer.
I'll be waiting a long time though lol

Ill go one better, every club will want to sign him for 30 mill. That pretty much the basis of your argument, just in reverse. Its pretty ridiculous, given that there are probably thousands of club in world football, with multiple contexts and different budgets, financial resources and playing priorities. Its not very logical to be binary in saying they wont or they will. Its pretty ridiculous in all honesty.

I gave my reasons back up in post 78 mill, as compelling as your point of "they definitely wont" is i remain unmoved.

Our 'money' is dependent on the whim of Mosh, and maybe one other. He has the money and access to lots of money. Its whether he is prepared to spend it after recent failures that matters. Personally, I don't think Mosh (and maybe his mate)have finished investing, but he needs to be sure the money goes on the right people.

You are right of course, he could fund another spending splurge with investment, i dont think he will to be honest, but that a personal opinion, as is yours. Either way as things stand without outs the club/business is struggling to play them.

Ill go one better, every club will want to sign him for 30 mill. That pretty much the basis of your argument, just in reverse. Its pretty ridiculous, given that there are probably thousands of club in world football, with multiple contexts and different budgets, financial resources and playing priorities. Its not very logical to be binary in saying they wont or they will. Its pretty ridiculous in all honesty.

I gave my reasons back up in post 78 mill, as compelling as your point of "they definitely wont" is i remain unmoved.

Okay mate. Are you Boris Johnson, do you believe in unicorns too? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.