Pickford or Howard?

Better keeper of the two please?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? No he didn’t.
I got the figures off transfermarkt so I can’t say they’re definitely accurate but the official PL site says he saved 7 in the league so 11 doesn’t seem a huge stretch when you include cups. Either way he wasn’t bad at pens, and it’s extremely churlish to suggest he was.

Howard ,i was his biggest critic overstayed by about 2-3 years but wasnt bad before that.
Pickford has it in him to be a different level to him in. a few years , right now isnt really better than Howard at his peak dispite the hype, so voted for him on what i hope he will become

I got the figures off transfermarkt so I can’t say they’re definitely accurate but the official PL site says he saved 7 in the league so 11 doesn’t seem a huge stretch when you include cups. Either way he wasn’t bad at pens, and it’s extremely churlish to suggest he was.

Just looked myself, 9 overall in all competitions which is decent. The 11 must be total penalties missed in general.

That is the key point. I shudder to think what Howard would have done under our defence over the last couple of years. Howard was a good keeper when he first joined but he couldn't make stops like Pickford did at the world cup.

I'm sorry, this one I have to laugh at. Howard made 16 saves in a single world cup match at one point. No keeper had made more than 13. He made stops that Pickford could not have made at the world cup on more than one occassion as he was considerably more athletic. He was never great positionally and certain had his share of mistakes in his later years, but come on. Howard was a stud at the world cup twice.

First few years of Howard was better but Pickford could be much better in time. Even a Pickford lorry is better than old Howard.

I'm sorry, this one I have to laugh at. Howard made 16 saves in a single world cup match at one point. No keeper had made more than 13. He made stops that Pickford could not have made at the world cup on more than one occassion as he was considerably more athletic.
What do you mean by athletic as Pickford is superbly agile - if you're talking highlight reel saves then Pickford's top ten probably beats Howard's now, let alone at the end of his career when it will absolutely destroy it.
Course there's a lot more to keeping than pulling off a worldie now and again, but that seems to be an obvious advantage of Pickford's.

Howard was fine for us prior to his meltdown - nothing more nothing less. There's normally 1 or 2 prem keepers who are head and shoulders above, then a band of ten or so who are all good, dependable, obv prem class but have 1 or 2 small weaknesses that can't really complain about. Howard was in that group.

I'm sorry, this one I have to laugh at. Howard made 16 saves in a single world cup match at one point. No keeper had made more than 13. He made stops that Pickford could not have made at the world cup on more than one occassion as he was considerably more athletic. He was never great positionally and certain had his share of mistakes in his later years, but come on. Howard was a stud at the world cup twice.

One of the crappeat arguements going at for Howard that match.
They still lost and Belgium kept shooting right at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.