Pickford or Howard?

Better keeper of the two please?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t really compare yet.

Howard was a lot better than people are suggesting. He was a very good keeper for us until the last year or two. It’s not his fault we didn’t replace him at the right time.
He should never of drilled those holes in his hands!!

Remember that ms paint pic??!!

t better than people are suggesting. He was a very good keeper for us until the last year or two. It’s not his fault we didn’t replace him at the right time.

howard was one of those keepers that was sound for very long periods but have like 3 games a season where hed completely cost you the game and thats what people focus on, he was very often up there in the clean sheets charts.

Pickford will probs be an all round better keeper once we have a settled defence, if he was lucky enough to play infront of peak jags and lescott hed be even more highly thought of youd imagine

howard was one of those keepers that was sound for very long periods but have like 3 games a season where hed completely cost you the game and thats what people focus on, he was very often up there in the clean sheets charts.

Pickford will probs be an all round better keeper once we have a settled defence, if he was lucky enough to play infront of peak jags and lescott hed be even more highly thought of youd imagine
Yes pickfords only ever had jarg or very unsettled defensive units in front of him so far in his career.. Let's judge him in a couple seasons time.

He's actually doing pretty well now mind..

I liked Howard and he was great for us at the time and as what we needed. But those last few years still make me anxious just thinking about. And the amount of long range shots he conceded to Chelsea.

Pickford has lots to learn but is still young and I think will be a much better all round keeper than Howard in the long run.

Oh my God, I'd done my very very best to forget about this.

Spent the train journey back claiming Neville was at fault and Howard wasn't. Saw it on MOTD and wanted to jump out the bedroom window.

At one point, Howard was decent. Then he wasn't. And the bit where he wasn't sticks out more than when he was good because he was really bad. Like, really bad.

Always said this. At his best he was decent, at his worst I've never seen anything like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.