Pickford or Howard?

Better keeper of the two please?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to find how many times I said he wasn’t outstanding too?
You criticized his performance and discarded someone else posting about the game 4 years on while at the time of the game you yourself said he was outstanding in that same game. Pretty obvious your agenda changed sometime after.

Almost getting lobbed inside his own six-yard box.

Never seen anything like it.

Goals would go in and I'd just be like "wait a minute, how?" That 2012/13 season I genuinely suspected him of match fixing, that season was littered with some of the most bizarre pieces of goalkeeping I've seen in my life.

You criticized his performance and discarded someone else posting about the game 4 years on while at the time of the game you yourself said he was outstanding in that same game. Pretty obvious your agenda changed sometime after.

Not at all. My agenda changed at about 6pm on 30th May 2009 when I realised that we’d never win a pot with him in nets. Not that we’ve won anything since anyway.

The fact I said he played well in that game just shows I’m no averse to saying he played well sometimes. When he deserved it. Unlike some who stick to their point no matter what.

In hindsight and looking back that match performance is and was highly over rated. By me. And lots of other people.

It's hardly Sagar v Southall this thread.

I do like Pickford though. And for quite a period I was ok with Howard, but he tailed off terribly at the end of his time here though he gave the impression he was doing his best so I can forgive him for this. Give it a few more seasons and Jordan's huge medal haul will swing it.

Pickford is young, he would have to play until he was 55 to make the same amount of gaffs Howard made.
Howards 5 or 6 gaffs a season was way to much for man u but acceptable for us at the time, he was the best we could afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.