2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at all the vitriol towards Jags here. He screwed up, get over it you angry internet warriors.

He’s not going to play again now as first choice, it’s not his fault the club did not replace him in time. They have had all summer to get someone in.

The manager picked him, so he must have seen he was capable or not for this match.

Hate it when people have to be so nasty towards players who have given us years of good service when they go one game too many. Happened with Weir and Cahill too.

Agreed. Jags has given everything to this club, doesn't deserve some of the rubbish being spouted about him.

Not like he did that on purpose, it's just a consequence of his declining ability. Unfortunately, you always think he's got at least one mistake in him per game these days. Luckily we've got a management team that realise this and have replacements being readied.

Certainly should be no slight on what a good servant Jagielka has been, but it seems all the rage with some of our fans to personally abuse players that are no longer good enough...

NBC commentators talking about VAR after Mane clearly offside on a goal. Laughing to myself that I spent the whole World Cup moaning about VAR and it probably would have saved us 2 points on the first dang match of the season.

Calling on the vastly greater experience with football that exists in the GOT forum. Anyone able to legitimately (not bias against Everton) explain the difference between the Sokratis tackle that received a yellow in the Arsenal/Man City match v the Jagielka tackle that received a straight red?

Calling on the vastly greater experience with football that exists in the GOT forum. Anyone able to legitimately (not bias against Everton) explain the difference between the Sokratis tackle that received a yellow in the Arsenal/Man City match v the Jagielka tackle that received a straight red?
It's simple Sokratis plays for Arsenal and Jagielka for Everton.

Had a man behind him and studs weren’t up. Jagielka has studs up (though I disagree about the red).

The best thing is we all knew way in advance that either this Soccer AM banter so-called Captain or Michael Keane would be the ones to cost us the game on Saturday. I assumed it would be some sloppy defending where, by the time he's turned, the ball is already in the back of the net, but his 'touch' before his red card was hilarious, unfortunately. Makes me sad to think that Silva didn't think a changing of the guard was necessary and continues to be happy to see him trot out as skipper.

ffs jags, stand up and be a man and call the ref an incompetant thunderc...
Any good captain would have been screaming at the referee and refusing to leave the field without having his voice heard. But not Phil, oh no, a simple "are you sure?" with his hands out looking all defeated was good enough for our heroic captain. Thankfully his days are officially numbered now as clearly Mina would not leave Barcalona without guarantees that he's first choice, and Chelsea/Zouma would not allow the loan without guarantees that he'll be starting. I just hope it's not going to be 3 centre backs as I know Keane will be the third.

Get out of the club.
About 80,000 a week reasons why he's more than happy to sit on his arse from September onwards instead of having a desire to actually win something in his career and drop down a division. I am even sure that a decent Championship would see him as a wise old head who could sure up their defence (you get all sorts nowadays), but still he'll be with us until his contract expires, and then more than likely offered some sort of undeserved coaching role.

So bored of our fans hating on everything. Jags is coming to the end of his career but hes been a great player for us, you can question his captaincy but manager after manager choose him as captain but davek from the Grandoldteam forum says hes a crap captain so he must be.

I remember the recording in the tunnel of the semi a few years ago and Barkley thinking the fans were booing him with Jags trying to reassure him they werent. Exactly the things that go on behind the scenes that we dont see.

Status
Not open for further replies.