2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pic of Jagielka:

23d8a145-9644-4700-af4e-0f7662031ef5.jpg

Sums him up perfectly - a captain who cant even appeal his own sending off convincingly.
It was superbly meek. He should've been furious. The sort of reaction that makes the referee doubt his decision and subsequent ones. As it was he just dropped his head and trudged off.

It was weird to see him so dejected and accepting of the red.
He must have known it wasn't red worthy but it just didn't seem like he wanted to make that point.
He's been fantastic for us, maybe just needs some spotlight taking off him / time against the teams without lightning pace.

Wolves didn’t have lightning pace. He’s just a dreadful player, he’s been getting gradually worse and worse for the past 3 years.

I always try and look at it and think how I would have reacted if it had been on one of our players, I would have been screaming for a red. At the end of the day it's all about opinions though mate, some see it as a red, some don't, it's what makes debating footy boss.

I may have shouted for a red, and the ref would have produced a yellow or no card at all if it was against the RS at their place. That tackle is not dangerous and happens on a weekly basis and probably happened in another few games this week without being red, it’s a boarder line foul some would give it others wouldn’t. It’s a grey area same as handball being intentional, the refs opinion counts and they can be influenced by teams, players , the players involved etc. that tackle will happen 200 times over the corse of the season and not be punished by a booking imo

The problem is every season we have the same mentally weak players / managers cost us points / big games.

FA cup final 09 was Moyes

Semi Final Distin

Europa League last 32 - Alcaraz

Last 2 seasons - half the squad

Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to get off to a great start and have a boss season and this biff had to cost us with his brainfart moment.

For me Brands' biggest job is to not only bring in talented players but actual mentally strong and intelligent footballers - too long has the likes of Jags been kept about when it was clear he was on the decline and yesterday it came back to haunt us.

I may have shouted for a red, and the ref would have produced a yellow or no card at all if it was against the RS at their place. That tackle is not dangerous and happens on a weekly basis and probably happened in another few games this week without being red, it’s a boarder line foul some would give it others wouldn’t. It’s a grey area same as handball being intentional, the refs opinion counts and they can be influenced by teams, players , the players involved etc. that tackle will happen 200 times over the corse of the season and not be punished by a booking imo
If he was David Luis he could have jumped into the player knee first,and nothing would have happened.

The fact that the ref allowed the free kick to be taken 5 yards further up is a bigger issue. How can that happen, it wasn’t even close ??

Laughing at all the vitriol towards Jags here. He screwed up, get over it you angry internet warriors.

He’s not going to play again now as first choice, it’s not his fault the club did not replace him in time. They have had all summer to get someone in.

The manager picked him, so he must have seen he was capable or not for this match.

Hate it when people have to be so nasty towards players who have given us years of good service when they go one game too many. Happened with Weir and Cahill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.