2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha loyalty he's shown? You joking? You think a better club than us has ever shown an interest in signing him from us? Seriously? Loyalty? You're off your head. He's been finished for three years and has happily continued to drain us of over 50 grand a week instead of showing some self respect and moving on to play week in week out at a more suitable level. Loyalty, haha. Hopefully this is the final straw. There is still chance to send him packing before the end of August. I hope we show him the door asap.
It's not his issue for being paid that much by the club though. It's not like he's refused to play or anything, he's always played when asked to and apart from the last two seasons he's been a fantastic defender for us. Loyalty is maybe the wrong word but he's done whatever has been asked of him in the time he's been here and has put himself about for us.

Like the original poster said he probably knows he's over the hill but the club gave him a contract and they kept him here. There are bigger drainers in our club than jagielka was with the time he's been at the club he is owed a bit of slack I think. Not that I'm saying he should play for us still, there's a role for him as a cup centre back and filling in for injuries but beyond that he's gone. I am 100% sure arsenal and manure were heavily linked with him one season, he was boss for us for a good 3 or 4 years, genuinely a top cb in the league imo in his prime.

Game over, he was good in fairness for us early days, should never have been captain.

The run up to the pen at Wembley.

The equaliser in front of the kop, great moments. Thanks.

But kinell that shouldn't have been allowed today, we seen it coming.

But it wasn't even a foul...and not winning the ball is most definitely not a clear goal scoring opportunity. You have to jump through massive logic hoops to come to that decision. The ref had a mare.

Fantastic for Everton but for the last 3 seasons he has been waining.

Let's not kick him while he is down.

Age always catches up on the best of players and you can see why Silva wanted two central defenders.

I've been critical of his captaincy which has been awful on the pitch. He is a "nice guy" and we need real leaders.

All the best to him but he isn't a starting player for Everton this season.

Sadly for Phil, he has made a few suspect/poorly timed challenges and given away pens over the last 3 seasons now.

Had his time, done us proud on occasion.

No more negatives in the memories please Jags. Time to step away mate.

Fell sorry for him. He’s been good down the years.

He put himself in that situation via poor control. But the sending off was harsh. Yellow at most.

That said he isn’t good enough anymore and probably knows it himself.
Agreed. No way he deserved red. They spot the kick better and don't think Wolves gets a point.

Should be relegated to 4th/5th choice and captain for cup games. He has been great for us but it’s time to move on and invest in Holgate/Mina.

The blame lies solely at the feet of Jagielka. He knew he wasn’t up to it, he has been a poor player now for almost 4 seasons. Scholes, Carragher, Gary Neville, Gerrard, John Terry, etc, all seen the writing on the wall for them and retired or dropped down the divisions.

That’s not for Jagielka, though. He prefers to just carry on taking the big money, regardless of making a show of himself.

Hate that we’re loyal to deadweights like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.