2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on what you deem a contribution.

For example, you hated Rooney being here but he contributed 11 goals and a couple of assists.

You're a grumpy old soul which I, for one, have no problem with but you're being a bit inconsistent here.
It’s a reflection of wage, surely? Rooney was on the highest wage in the club’s history and 11 goals is nothing, especially given that 3 of them came in one match against an awful West Ham team and a few others were pens.

Thankfully, Silva and Brands viewed Rooney’s wage vs. contribution to the team to be distorted, too.

I’m not grumpy at all. I’m happy with the transfer window and I’m happy with what I have seen from Silva so far. I’m not happy carrying deadweight like Jagielka, Besic, Bolasie, etc, who are on big contracts and will not make a good contribution to the team.

No age to be starting football matches in the Premier League. Hopefully we've seen the last of him anyway and he can retire with his dignity in tact at the end of the season.

People are also agreeing with my views. I don’t get wound up about people on the internet. Why would I?

Now run along, superfan.

lol What’s this “superfan” BS all about?

Explain yourself please, I’m intrigued.

Is it that I’m a “superfan” because I’m not an easily angry grump, who sits on the internet expressing my rage at footballers?

It’s a reflection of wage, surely? Rooney was on the highest wage in the club’s history and 11 goals is nothing, especially given that 3 of them came in one match against an awful West Ham team and a few others were pens.

Thankfully, Silva and Brands viewed Rooney’s wage vs. contribution to the team to be distorted, too.

I’m not grumpy at all. I’m happy with the transfer window and I’m happy with what I have seen from Silva so far. I’m not happy carrying deadweight like Jagielka, Besic, Bolasie, etc, who are on big contracts and will not make a good contribution to the team.

I think Besic is a good player !!

No age to be starting football matches in the Premier League. Hopefully we've seen the last of him anyway and he can retire with his dignity in tact at the end of the season.

would like him and baines to get a testimonial next year, maybe captain against eachother with some old players come back even? baines and pienaar, jags next to lescott. the yak AJ cahill and saha all playing

be a good occasion

This.

Both fantastic servants to our club.

People need to keep this in mind when their ages start to show
Players stopped being "servants" to a club a very long time ago.The money they earn should mean that a testimonial should only be granted for their favoured charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.