2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the same way Howard did, due to us not replacing him 2 seasons ago. He was once a very good player for us, he hasn't been that same player since 15/16 though.

had a few offers to move on too over the years and was a pro over the whole thing.

i dont think he should be starting but to claim hes stealing a living etc isnt great behaviour for me, hes always come accross as a good pro and players like Holgate could do a lot worse than learn from him around the training ground as his contract winds down

yeah lid, got a season ticket. i just dont bedwet over a player showing his age a bit

So you’re happy paying money to watch millionaires, who are nowhere near this level anymore, stink out the place? That’s up to you.

I’m also a season ticket holder and I don’t like to see that. I want players who are here on merit and because they can make a good contribution to the team.

Jagielka isn’t any of them things anymore and he needs booting out of this club. That’s just on his ability alone, I haven’t mentioned his loser attitude that infects every squad he captains.

Howard, Weir, Cahill, Baines and Jags.

All fantastic servants to the club that the brain dead and angry mob turned on at the end of their Everton careers.

Season tickets or not, still over angry bell ends.

This is a myth, that quite a lot of fans believe for some reason. The truth is that our defence looked much surer without him in it and it was on him returning to the starting 11 that we started to concede goals again.
I believe it because it's how I saw it. I get that people can disagree, but it's not a 'myth' because it's an opinion which certainly has some validity even if you don't agree. The stats don't show it to be a myth, he shows up at least as well as everybody else in terms of tackles/headers/clearances/blocks etc. What is a myth is that we started conceding goals again when he came into the side. He started 6 of the 9 games in which we kept clean sheets last year.

So you’re happy paying money to watch millionaires, who are nowhere near this level anymore, stink out the place? That’s up to you.

I’m also a season ticket holder and I don’t like to see that. I want players who are here on merit and because they can make a good contribution to the team.

Jagielka isn’t any of them things anymore and he needs booting out of this club. That’s just on his ability alone, I haven’t mentioned his loser attitude that infects every squad he captains.
It all depends on what you deem a contribution.

For example, you hated Rooney being here but he contributed 11 goals and a couple of assists.

You're a grumpy old soul which I, for one, have no problem with but you're being a bit inconsistent here.

Howard, Weir, Cahill, Baines and Jags.

All fantastic servants to the club that the brain dead and angry mob turned on at the end of their Everton careers.

Season tickets or not, still over angry bell ends.
I sometimes worry that this is a lamentable peculiarity of our own fans. Then I look around and see the public in general and very often my bellend-o-meter shoots off the scale.

I think its just that the club has a habit if hanging on to stalwarts until they're like a stake cabbage and that outs the brain dead mob. There are no more or less of them than other clubs* have, its just the actions of our club flush out their opinions more often.

*apart from the rs and their inbred cousins the toons, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.