2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol What’s this “superfan” BS all about?

Explain yourself please, I’m intrigued.

Is it that I’m a “superfan” because I’m not an easily angry grump, who sits on the internet expressing my rage at footballers?
You jump on anyone who expresses a view that differs to yours, usually if it is against a perceived favourite.

Discussion forum, you tend to come across people who have different views. Something you’ll have to try and cope with.

I think Jags should still be part of the squad, I think its just time for him to transition away from being first choice. I guess the thing is he may not be happy with that and may want to be starting every week, in which case he may have to look for a move away.
the two new players coming in is positive for the club, it may make the existing 3 players raise their game, if the manager thinks Jags is good enough he should still be in the team, at least we have options there now.

You jump on anyone who expresses a view that differs to yours, usually if it is against a perceived favourite.

Discussion forum, you tend to come across people who have different views. Something you’ll have to try and cope with.

Mate it’s nothing to do with that.

It’s that I just don’t see how grown men can get so angry about a footballer who is basically picked by his manager to play.

As I’ve said several times, it’s not his fault.

What do you expect him to do, say I can’t play as I’m over the hill? Silva sees him every day, he picked him over Holgate, there is a reason for that.

The vitriol towards some of our players is quite frankly pathetic at times.

Been a great servant to the team and has been are best c/b since he first came in to the team. His partnership with Distin was one of the best ive seen in the near 60yrs ive been watching. He is still playing because we have had no one else anywhere near good enough to replace him, hopefully with the new signings that is about to change.
Happy birthday Phil and thanks for the memories..

Will he ever play again for Everton after his red card? With our new arrivals he is at best #5 in the CB line

had a few offers to move on too over the years and was a pro over the whole thing.

i dont think he should be starting but to claim hes stealing a living etc isnt great behaviour for me, hes always come accross as a good pro and players like Holgate could do a lot worse than learn from him around the training ground as his contract winds down

Did he have any offers? I know he was linked with Arsenal but they offered about 5mil, which was usual Wenger behaviour but you could also say it was an indication as to how much they really wanted him.

I agree he’s been a model professional and that side of the game would be good for players to learn from, but I don’t think Holgate could learn much from him on the pitch as his decline is accelerating game by game.

Status
Not open for further replies.