2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it because it's how I saw it. I get that people can disagree, but it's not a 'myth' because it's an opinion which certainly has some validity even if you don't agree. The stats don't show it to be a myth, he shows up at least as well as everybody else in terms of tackles/headers/clearances/blocks etc. What is a myth is that we started conceding goals again when he came into the side. He started 6 of the 9 games in which we kept clean sheets last year.

I suppose we will see over the next 3 games how much better or worse we are without him in the team.

It’s a reflection of wage, surely? Rooney was on the highest wage in the club’s history and 11 goals is nothing, especially given that 3 of them came in one match against an awful West Ham team and a few others were pens.

Thankfully, Silva and Brands viewed Rooney’s wage vs. contribution to the team to be distorted, too.

I’m not grumpy at all. I’m happy with the transfer window and I’m happy with what I have seen from Silva so far. I’m not happy carrying deadweight like Jagielka, Besic, Bolasie, etc, who are on big contracts and will not make a good contribution to the team.

You actually know nothing of football, it's impressive

Think I’m right on that, too. Why should we be giving our 5th choice CB the probably bigget wage of all the defenders? He needs to retire or drop down divisions.

His contribution to last season at a difficult time has been spelt out for you, he's clearly ahead of Holgate in the pecking order and we don't know about these other lads. You're basically being Zatara here

His contribution to last season at a difficult time has been spelt out for you, he's clearly ahead of Holgate in the pecking order and we don't know about these other lads. You're basically being Zatara here
Contribution to last season? He contributed a penalties and dangerous areas for free kicks for the opposition, I know that much.

I hardly think calling out a 36 year old player to not be at the club is extreme.

What happend to his susspension? Did we complain? (Not that we need him, just curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.