Permission to be positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat brentford and it’s a big change and confidence boost. Got to get goodison rocking.

Really think one win will be a catalyst for a steady climb away from the bottom.

It’s 50/50 as to whether we stay up now. It feels worse than last season
Last season we had Richy to contribute goals and drag us through as well as a DCL who was occassionally available. We also had Norwich and Watford always guaranteed to take 2 of the relegation slots. This season, no such luck, no stand-out awful teams cut adrift, and no players who look like they will score a goal for us from one game to the next.

Table since Dyche came in:

1678143580984.png

Shame he didn't get the call around the second week of the world cup....

All the support not calling for change, a quite frankly amazing turn of non-events!

Last season we had Richy to contribute goals and drag us through as well as a Dominic Calvert-Lewin who was occassionally available. We also had Norwich and Watford always guaranteed to take 2 of the relegation slots. This season, no such luck, no stand-out awful teams cut adrift, and no players who look like they will score a goal for us from one game to the next.
SEI_101638178.jpg

Not to me. We were third bottom and adrift from safety by 5 points with 6 games left last season.
Would you be a darling and compare GD and games left as well as games in hand vs those around us please. Bit of context to cheer us all up.

Would you be a darling and compare GD and games left as well as games in hand vs those around us please. Bit of context to cheer us all up.
We had two games in hand but a team down in the relegation zone needed to win both.

We have 12 matches to get 14 points IMO.

Last season we had Richy to contribute goals and drag us through as well as a Dominic Calvert-Lewin who was occassionally available. We also had Norwich and Watford always guaranteed to take 2 of the relegation slots. This season, no such luck, no stand-out awful teams cut adrift, and no players who look like they will score a goal for us from one game to the next.
I really am truly grateful for Your contributions to this Positivity thread, they are working wonders on the few grains of Positivity I have been able to find in here.

I mean just that post above is like a full on 'Positivity Massage' of the highest order....

I really am truly grateful for Your contributions to this Positivity thread, they are working wonders on the few grains of Positivity I have been able to find in here.

I mean just that post above is like a full on 'Positivity Massage' of the highest order....
It's just reality. Last season we had someone who could drag us across the line. This season we don't. Could be any 3 from 6 or 7 teams at this point but if you don't have goalscorers you don't win many games. It's not rocket science, just reality.

On the plus side though...... think of all the money we've saved by not paying win bonuses or goal bonuses or assist bonuses. Every cloud and all that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.