Paul Tyrrell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like his signature: "Views expressed are absolutely my own."

How about that for a bit of naiveté. A communications officer has to know, surely, that you personally dont become the news?

Astoundng.

I like his signature: "Views expressed are absolutely my own."

How about that for a bit of naiveté. A communications officer has to know, surely, that you personally dont become the news?

Astoundng.

Hardly, it's a standard sentence used to cover you and your employer's arse. It's written on countless twitter users' profiles regardless of their position and has nothing to do with naivety.

Hardly, it's a standard sentence used to cover you and your employer's arse. It's written on countless twitter users' profiles regardless of their position and has nothing to do with naivety.

Standard or not, it's ridiculous for a man who's job it is to put forward the official club line to then undemine it all by offering his own narrative that conflicts with it.

The feller's gone so far out on a limb it's unreal, and it reflects not only on his judgement but that of the tools who employed the bitter rednose in the first place.

To be fair guys, there's some good from it.

At least he's making an effort - welcome that at least...

Granted, I'm not sure he's going about it the right way, but then, he's a director of communications of a PL Club - who am I to argue?

He's just adding fuel to the fire.

There's already unrest in certain camps towards the board, so for the head of communications having dialogue on twitter is just likely to get into a ****ging match with someone before it gets stopped.

Im all for being "ahead of the game" in terms of social media, but he's opened himself up to a world of pain with this. He'll be the beacon of **** from now on.

seems to just be damned if you do and damned if you don't to be fair. I'm not either way on him but whatever he says is just going to get jumped on by people on here

seems to just be damned if you do and damned if you don't to be fair. I'm not either way on him but whatever he says is just going to get jumped on by people on here

Not really. Doing something like that creates an open playing field where, if he says the wrong thing, it's game over.

Just like a celeb or footballer on Twitter puts himself out there, theyre gonna get abuse and everything they write scrutinized.

Personally think there are other ways to go about it. Not going on Twitter.

AGMs seemed alright like...whoops lol

Not really. Doing something like that creates an open playing field where, if he says the wrong thing, it's game over.

Just like a celeb or footballer on Twitter puts himself out there, theyre gonna get abuse and everything they write scrutinized.

Personally think there are other ways to go about it. Not going on Twitter.

AGMs seemed alright like...whoops lol

I don't really know why the AGMs stopped, I know that the Companies Act 2006 no longer made it a legal requirement for private limited companies such as Everton to hold them but some token evening for the fans could of gone a long way to bridge what many feel is the void between fan, shareholder and directors. I have read the minutes on toffeeweb of some of the AGMs from the early naughties and one can only assume the board stopped the evenings as they didn't want to be asked sensitive questions (rightly or wrongly) about takeovers, stadia, selling of players etc by shareholders.

I don't personally see any problem with what Tyrell has written reading his tweets but I take your point about an open-playing field....watch this space!

He is a big kopite.
we should pity the fool.
And fool is a worthy title, as his internet behaviour shows his poor judgement.

What is most nteresting is how hell bent the club staff are to preach the party line when everyone knows its a lie or wrong, there must be a real fear factor at everton of going against the regime and telling the truth.
It seems the truth is career limiting at Everton.

Some of the stuff iv read on there today scares the **** out of me. We have fooking clowns running this club.

How did it ever come to this.

He's just adding fuel to the fire.

There's already unrest in certain camps towards the board, so for the head of communications having dialogue on twitter is just likely to get into a ****ging match with someone before it gets stopped.

Im all for being "ahead of the game" in terms of social media, but he's opened himself up to a world of pain with this. He'll be the beacon of **** from now on.

Anyone working for the club who is having arguments with fans on twitter needs to be relieved of their duties with immediate effect ffs.

To be honest I think he's got the devils own job. I've said many times for instance that it'd be great for the club to have much greater involvement with places like GOT, as allowing greater access to customers is a major plus of social media. The thing is with Everton fans, and I'm going to assume that other forums/platforms are even worse than here, is that you get a) lots of wind up merchants, and b) lots of pillocks giving it the big I am behind an anonymous username.

It's not a job I'd want.

To be honest I think he's got the devils own job. I've said many times for instance that it'd be great for the club to have much greater involvement with places like GOT, as allowing greater access to customers is a major plus of social media. The thing is with Everton fans, and I'm going to assume that other forums/platforms are even worse than here, is that you get a) lots of wind up merchants, and b) lots of pillocks giving it the big I am behind an anonymous username.

It's not a job I'd want.

He doesn't help himself by more or less calling the team's manager a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.