Old Everton Pictures

Roger Kenyon was ludicrously denied a winners medal in our 69/70 Championship year due to insufficient appearances, despite playing a vital role in the run in. After the narrow misses under Bingham and Lee he eventually picked up a winners medal with Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979. Left to right John Craven (ex Blackpool and Palace, Derek Possee (ex Millwall and Palace) Kenyon, don't know, don't know, Peter Daniel (ex Derby), Carl Valentine (ex Oldham) and I think that's Ray Lewington (ex Chelsea). I think Bally was playing for them at that time too.
kenyon.jpg

Roger Kenyon was ludicrously denied a winners medal in our 69/70 Championship year due to insufficient appearances, despite playing a vital role in the run in. After the narrow misses under Bingham and Lee he eventually picked up a winners medal with Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979. Left to right John Craven (ex Blackpool and Palace, Derek Possee (ex Millwall and Palace) Kenyon, don't know, don't know, Peter Daniel (ex Derby), Carl Valentine (ex Oldham) and I think that's Ray Lewington (ex Chelsea). I think Bally was playing for them at that time too.
View attachment 58898
That was the end of his career fitting it started with a title and ended in one - he should have got a winners medal for his 1970 performances in the title run in as he stepped into Labbys boots so well - always going to be a class act for us...

That was the end of his career fitting it started with a title and ended in one - he should have got a winners medal for his 1970 performances in the title run in as he stepped into Labbys boots so well - always going to be a class act for us...
Wasn't quite the end Joey. I saw Roger play for Altrincham in about '83. At that stage of his career he turned like the Titanic but was still the best defender on the pitch and very much a leader.