Old Everton Pictures

Goodison Park in the year 1903 from a London newspaper South London Chronicle
DpgF_VzXcAIAQIh.jpg

Wasn't quite the end Joey. I saw Roger play for Altrincham in about '83. At that stage of his career he turned like the Titanic but was still the best defender on the pitch and very much a leader.
He sadly ended up working on the Highways for Chester county council and still attended our games in the 1980s......

This is what's missing in today's kids - in the backstreets we were allowed to do this and kick in to the goals with either a tennis ball or them cheap Frido balls that punctured so easy - now its banned the PC brigade and computers have taken over -
View attachment 58900

...mind you, if that was your living room wall it might be a bit annoying.

There was a haulage company in my street in Everton so we had a massive wall for me and my mates to play against.

Roger Kenyon was ludicrously denied a winners medal in our 69/70 Championship year due to insufficient appearances, despite playing a vital role in the run in. After the narrow misses under Bingham and Lee he eventually picked up a winners medal with Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979. Left to right John Craven (ex Blackpool and Palace, Derek Possee (ex Millwall and Palace) Kenyon, don't know, don't know, Peter Daniel (ex Derby), Carl Valentine (ex Oldham) and I think that's Ray Lewington (ex Chelsea). I think Bally was playing for them at that time too.
View attachment 58898

....played against Lewington back in the day which makes me old.

Mike Summerbee there, some player, a real hard case as well. Used to conduct the Gwladys St. end when they sang about the size of his nose.
I was at an amateur boxing show in Manchester, The West Lancs and Cheshire team were fighting a Jewish representative team, Joe Mercer was there with Paddy Credand, I said to Joe Mercer “ I thought Mike Summerbee would have come with you to cheer the Jewish lads on” Joe never got it, just looked blank, Paddy Credand laughed his head off.