No fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the Gold Bentleys, there are too many playing for the name on the back of the shirt, rather than the name on the front...and I dont mean sportpesa.
Yes, sadly true. Have that growing feeling the Richy will be this season's Lukaku (or Arteta, Stones even Fellaini).. we seem to always have one who raises the bar and you just know, in your heart, he'll be off. Cant be fun surrounded by such low expectation or ambition levels.

ever since jagilka became captain we've had the back bone of a jellyfish.

If that 2nd goal had been given against Fergies Utd team, or Wengers Arsenal team (Vieria time) or Mourinho's Chelsea the ref and lino would have been surrounded by their captains

All started with Roberto Martinez and has never recovered.

Said it before we needed to have appointed a top quality manager with a successful CV who can install a winning mentality.

Someone like Jardim, Mancini, Conte, Blanc etc.

Obviously we also need to recruit more leaders on the pitch, but no way would those managers tolerate some of the jellyfish in our squad.

There are several problems with the current setup at the club but I do feel the lack of leadership is a big one. How can we be in a situation where Tom Davies is captain? It is not a good sign that some of the older more senior players have allowed that, and haven't made themselves an obvious choice to Silva. Can't imagine a winner like Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira allowing themselves to be captained by an inexperienced kid. But even in relation to Everton over the last 15-20 years, Cahill, Neville, Carsley, Weir, Hibbert were all the kind of player who despite limited ability would have taken that responsibility on.

Then there is the modern day football aspect. The players get paid a fortune regardless of whether they perform to the expected standard. Where is the motivation if they aren't going to finish at the top? They have it far too easy. I also think it must be frustrating to play in certain games where a bad decision goes against you. The top 6 get gifted loads of opportunities that other clubs like us don't through favourable decisions. No one fights the other 14's corner, because the referees are subconsciously biased, and the media is full of ex players of clubs like Arsenal, Man United and the RS. Whenever there is a contentious decision they go and get the opinion of a previous incompetent referee like Graham Poll.

The fact our players stand there and take it worries me, and it's a definite change from when players like Cahill and Weir were here under Moyes.

Yes, sadly true. Have that growing feeling the Richy will be this season's Lukaku (or Arteta, Stones even Fellaini).. we seem to always have one who raises the bar and you just know, in your heart, he'll be off. Cant be fun surrounded by such low expectation or ambition levels.

Oh god!
We may aswell of just not bothered signing him then!
Lukaku played 166 games for everton
Fellaini played 177 games for the toffs
Arteta played 209 games for us
Stones played 95 games

Hardly getting out of dodge as quick as possible is it

There are several problems with the current setup at the club but I do feel the lack of leadership is a big one. How can we be in a situation where Tom Davies is captain? It is not a good sign that some of the older more senior players have allowed that, and haven't made themselves an obvious choice to Silva. Can't imagine a winner like Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira allowing themselves to be captained by an inexperienced kid. But even in relation to Everton over the last 15-20 years, Cahill, Neville, Carsley, Weir, Hibbert were all the kind of player who despite limited ability would have taken that responsibility on.

Then there is the modern day football aspect. The players get paid a fortune regardless of whether they perform to the expected standard. Where is the motivation if they aren't going to finish at the top? They have it far too easy. I also think it must be frustrating to play in certain games where a bad decision goes against you. The top 6 get gifted loads of opportunities that other clubs like us don't through favourable decisions. No one fights the other 14's corner, because the referees are subconsciously biased, and the media is full of ex players of clubs like Arsenal, Man United and the RS. Whenever there is a contentious decision they go and get the opinion of a previous incompetent referee like Graham Poll.

The fact our players stand there and take it worries me, and it's a definite change from when players like Cahill and Weir were here under Moyes.

I couldn’t imagine those players allowing themselves to be captained by Phil Jagielka either, but here we are.

Said it before we needed to have appointed a top quality manager with a successful CV who can install a winning mentality.

Obviously we also need to recruit more leaders on the pitch, but no way would those managers tolerate some of the jellyfish in our squad.

But who owned the club back then????????????:(

EFC players are too nice: berating officials strongly for terrible decisions won't change the decision, but it might change the NEXT one. Leaders wanted urgently, apply EFC!

Meekly accepting clearly-wrong decisions sends a message to the officials that they are under no pressure to get the next one right. Not good enough.

The lack of fighting spririt has bothered me a bit over the last few years too. Stephen Naismith gave an interview at some point over the last year where he said some of the problems during Martinez time were caused by the fact that the big characters in the squad left... he mentioned a few names, Hibbert, Distin etc. Obviously Cahill had left a year or so earlier. We still haven't replaced them now.

Jardim - big gamble, unproven
Mancini - title winner with City but got turfed soon after
Conte - wasn't officially sacked by Chelsea till mid July
Blanc - big gamble, unproven

Status
Not open for further replies.