No fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterblue

Player Valuation: £20m
Started watching us in the late sixties boys pen.Suppose I was spoilt. Great team to watch. But that team could also put themselves about. Lots of hard teams like Leeds, City we would match them if that's what they wanted. Bally would go mad if he thought someone wasn't trying.

Even the 70s we weren't great but the team had a bit if fight

80s great team to watch. Leaders like Reidy, if the going got tough the tough would get going.

Fast forward to today. Still love the team weekend is ruined when we get beat. Last few years we have had no leaders. Team goes a goal down they start to collapse. How many big defeats over the last few years. These players get paid mega money but there's no fight in a lot of them. No dishing the hard stuff out, no questioning the decisions of referees. You could see straightaway that the arses second goal was offside but nothing from our players. We should have all been around the ref. I sit there watching them, 2 nil down-not thinking we can still get back in this but wondering [Poor language removed] how many more will we concede. Some of them it doesn't hurt them getting beat like the fans. Compare that to the RS they can be 4-0 down and I'm still thinking they will get back in this. Seems to be instilled in their team from an early age.

Don't have the answers but maybe we need players with character as well as the skills.

Average players who are used to losing.
If Tosun was any good he would have buried that header against West Ham.
If DCL was any good, he scores yesterday.

The fact the 'average' players you mention are whats causing our problems, when we've spent more money than most of the league recently is mind bending.

We had a captain yesterday who shouldn't even be in the team.

Who's to blame here ? Cos it isn't the fans who once again sold out our away allocation and sang their hearts out.

If Tosun was any good he would have buried that header against West Ham.
If DCL was any good, he scores yesterday.

The fact the 'average' players you mention are whats causing our problems, when we've spent more money than most of the league recently is mind bending.

We had a captain yesterday who shouldn't even be in the team.

Who's to blame here ? Cos it isn't the fans who once again sold out our away allocation and sang their hearts out.

Martinez Koeman Walsh and Allardyce. Going higher than that it’s Moshiri and Kenwright. Since Moyes left we’ve had no clue about the football operations side so our recruitment has gone to pot and we’ve wasted money on rubbish managers and rubbish players. I’m convinced there’s some kids that Moyes either wouldn’t have bought or would have shipped out too. The academy seems to have dried up as well. When you consider that under Moyes we saw Osman Rooney Rodwell Barkley in the first team who all moved to top clubs or stayed in our first team for their whole career. I can’t see that happening with any of the kids now.

all the hard players have been and gone you can't tackle hard anymore straight red if you do it's not lack of commitment it's lack of confidence at the minute I thought we played really well yesterday just missing a player who can put the ball away with confidence imo

Started watching us in the late sixties boys pen.Suppose I was spoilt. Great team to watch. But that team could also put themselves about. Lots of hard teams like Leeds, City we would match them if that's what they wanted. Bally would go mad if he thought someone wasn't trying.

80s great team to watch. Leaders like Reidy, if the going got tough the tough would get going.

Fast forward to today. Still love the team weekend is ruined when we get beat. Last few years we have had no leaders. Team goes a goal down they start to collapse. How many big defeats over the last few years. These players get paid mega money but there's no fight in a lot of them. No dishing the hard stuff out, no questioning the decisions of referees. You could see straightaway that the arses second goal was offside but nothing from our players. We should have all been around the ref. I sit there watching them, 2 nil down-not thinking we can still get back in this but wondering [Poor language removed] how many more will we concede. Some of them it doesn't hurt them getting beat like the fans. Compare that to the RS they can be 4-0 down and I'm still thinking they will get back in this. Seems to be instilled in their team from an early age.

Don't have the answers but maybe we need players with character as well as the skills.

I made a similar point in the match thread. There was sfa once we went 2 down but we had still half an hour on the clock

Average age of contributers in this thread

Kids don't even know there born do they fellas?
Week down the mines should do it!

The main issue with our team is our defence, poorly drilled and too slow every one of them, right now of all our defenders I'd only keep 2 Dinge and Mina and only keep Mina because I haven't seen him play for us yet, bin the rest. This obviously gets into the heads of the attackers imigine going out every game knowing that you have to score at least 2 to get anything out of the game probably 3 or more to win, get stubbs back to work on defence it went to pot after he left at the start of Martinz 2nd season, and for the love of God get rid of Duncan Ferguson he's the only common factor under the last 4 failed managers.

I thought we had aright go in the last fifteen minutes.

No lack of fight IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.