No fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
First goal was a peach, 2nd was offside, perhaps lost our way after that but it was a massive blow and we should have put away at least 2 of our chances beforehand.

The worst of it is this: EVERYONE is conditioned to accept a collapse as legitimate. Players, managers and fans...and the media who report on us see it as an Everton trait. Even the new manager yesterday failed to call the collapse out. He just focused on the first 60 minutes and the offside goal.

This is an instititional charactetristic now. It's part of Everton just like the Leitch buttresses and Toffees and Dixie Dean. It's what we're known for. And anyone kidding themselves that it didn't go on repeatedly under Moyes needs to look at the number maulings we took from a goal or two down that turned into 5/6/7 nil pumpings.

It's the Everton Way and has been since Royle walked.

They just had a goalie who made some saves, and some strikers who scored some goals.

Very simplistic to say but that really was the issue.

They had lacazette pinging one in far post at the edge of the box, we had Calvert-Lewin trying to take the keeper on when a simple square ball puts us one up.

The worst of it is this: EVERYONE is conditioned to accept a collapse as legitimate. Players, managers and fans...and the media who report on us see it as an Everton trait. Even the new manager yesterday failed to call the collapse out. He just focused on the first 60 minutes and the offside goal.

This is an instititional charactetristic now. It's part of Everton just like the Leitch buttresses and Toffees and Dixie Dean. It's what we're known for. And anyone kidding themselves that it didn't go on repeatedly under Moyes needs to look at the number maulings we took from a goal or two down that turned into 5/6/7 nil pumpings.

It's the Everton Way and has been since Royle walked.

Honestly, this is all a bit much after losing 2-0 to Arsenal.

Everyone from Brands to Ferguson getting the blame, lack of heart, fight, passion, pretty much every player involved getting called out for not being good enough.

We just lost to a better team. Unfortunately we are a long way off being able to go to places like Arsenal and get a result.

All a bit melodramatic on here.

Everyone from Brands to Ferguson getting the blame, lack of heart, fight, passion, pretty much every player involved getting called out for not being good enough.

We just lost to a better team. Unfortunately we are a long way off being able to go to places like Arsenal and get a result.

We are not far off, much better. If we went 1 up in the first half, which noone would say we did not deserve, different game. The football is better on the eye for large parts and after all it's 'entertainment' now.

It's not melodramatic, it's a clear-headed and calm take on reality; a malady that needs to be recognised as a problem and then eradicated.

It's a terrible addition to the club's culture.

The club has been mentally weak since the ending of the Roberto regime. Moyes was the only manager that had the players playing like it mattered. I have a feeling you could send this entire squad to any other side in the league (below the top 6 of course) and see their performances improve twice-fold. Something is horribly wrong at Everton.

The club has been mentally weak since the ending of the Roberto regime. Moyes was the only manager that had the players playing like it mattered. I have a feeling you could send this entire squad to any other side in the league (below the top 6 of course) and see their performances improve twice-fold. Something is horribly wrong at Everton.

1537809712798.png

Points attained from losing position.

This data backs up some of your theory.

Moyes did instill a fighting spirit in the team.

Koeman inherited a lot of the Martinez players who did not gain points when we went behind.

Last season this has improved.

The concern now would be is Silva going to be another Martinez. Time will tell I suppose.

This is where the manager comes in. Different sport I know but Dublin footballers were prone to collapse when things went wrong. Happened for decades.

Since ex Air Corps Jim Gavin became manager they never panic no matter what the score. 4 All Irelands in a row now. This man has revolutionised Dublin football with his discipline.

Some of our players are too willing to accept a defeat and it winds me up. You look at the RS and they just don't know when they are beaten.

View attachment 49906

Koeman inherited a lot of the Martinez players who did not gain points when we went behind.

The concern now would be is Silva going to be another Martinez. Time will tell I suppose.

1537811331791.png

Points from losing positions.

2018/9 amended.

View attachment 49906

What bothers me the most is that if we had taken care of Wolves and Bournemouth, I think we crush Huddersfield and West Ham with a confident side.

This whole Everton capitulation complex started in Roberto’s second season in the first game against Arsenal. WE ABSOLUTELY dominated them and switched off tremendously in the last 20 or so. The game ended up in a draw, and it set the tone for the whole season.

We threw away so many results after that game. You can argue that Koeman and Allardyce instilled some discipline (at least for a while), but we’ve been lacking in consistency since Moyes. We are desperate for another Cahil/Fellaini type influence. Richarlison is the only player we have that has both the willpower and skill to take over a game. Nobody else has that fight.

The main issue with our team is our defence, poorly drilled and too slow every one of them, right now of all our defenders I'd only keep 2 Dinge and Mina and only keep Mina because I haven't seen him play for us yet, bin the rest. This obviously gets into the heads of the attackers imigine going out every game knowing that you have to score at least 2 to get anything out of the game probably 3 or more to win, get stubbs back to work on defence it went to pot after he left at the start of Martinz 2nd season, and for the love of God get rid of Duncan Ferguson he's the only common factor under the last 4 failed managers.

I'd disagree. We conceded one legal goal yesterday, an unreal strike.

We missed about four golden, and I mean GOLDEN, chances.

We need a ST desperately

Status
Not open for further replies.