2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would sell in a heartbeat if they got an offer of 40mil. Like you say we could easily change to 433. Which I think is the system silva will build towards. It’s not as if siggurdsson is the king of our team. And guarantees 15 goals & assists every season.
Again, who are you going to replace him with? The thread is about Vlasic. No manager in his right mind would think Vlasic can replace Sigurdsson no problem, let alone play a major role in any decent PL side. He might get there, he’s got talent, but the PL is several steps up in class from the Russian league.

Again, who are you going to replace him with? The thread is about Vlasic. No manager in his right mind would think Vlasic can replace Sigurdsson no problem, let alone play a major role in any decent PL side. He might get there, he’s got talent, but the PL is several steps up in class from the Russian league.
You haven’t read what I’ve put, we may change the system, it’s not set in stone you have to play with a number 10. Liverpool, Chelsea and city to a lesser extent don’t play with a number 10 so he doesn’t need replacing. It’s not like you’re selling your best CB or a defensive midfielder

You haven’t read what I’ve put, we may change the system, it’s not set in stone you have to play with a number 10. Liverpool, Chelsea and city to a lesser extent don’t play with a number 10 so he doesn’t need replacing. It’s not like you’re selling your best CB or a defensive midfielder
So what position does David Silva and Edin Hazard play

I watched the CSKA Moscow game at Madrid on the box where the visitors were brilliant.

Madrid had no Casemiro, Modric, Ramos, or Benzema but still had a good team including Bale, Isco, Asensio playing.

However one of the stand-outs was Vlasic who had a great game and reminded me of ...Colin Harvey. Up and down the pitch
like a machine, hard tackling, great lay-offs, shots on target..he looked the real deal. He is obviously happy there and has a clear, free role.
He has talent and a work-ethic just as Colin did.

If it was between him and Gilfi for the City game then based on the last game of both then there would only be one choice.

Incidentally CSKA beat Madrid home and away and still finished last in their group!

Horrible little cretin who can't keep his big mouth shut who we should put a price on so high it scares everyone away and see how he reacts.

Lets squeeze every last dollar we can out of the poisoned dwarf.

I watched the CSKA Moscow game at Madrid on the box where the visitors were brilliant.

Madrid had no Casemiro, Modric, Ramos, or Benzema but still had a good team including Bale, Isco, Asensio playing.

However one of the stand-outs was Vlasic who had a great game and reminded me of ...Colin Harvey. Up and down the pitch
like a machine, hard tackling, great lay-offs, shots on target..he looked the real deal. He is obviously happy there and has a clear, free role.
He has talent and a work-ethic just as Colin did.

If it was between him and Gilfi for the City game then based on the last game of both then there would only be one choice.

Incidentally CSKA beat Madrid home and away and still finished last in their group!

Thats a very interesting comparison...high praise.

Who would Gomes be reminicent of?

It's the Russian League lads. Even if he turns into a top player the Premier League is a different beast and he will have to prove he can handle it. And I know he played Madrid decent twice but the first game was he scored and didn't do much else and this week was a rotated team where most the rotation was at the back. Hardly enough to prove anything.

Also I find their inability to do anything against the crap team in that group concerning from a mentality perspective and the lad is a bit of a tit. Not sold on him.

I'm fine with playing different systems, but AGAIN, what does that have to do with Vlasic? Without a 10 Vlasic doesn't play, so you wouldn't replace Siggy for him.

Generally the best teams of the last decade or so play a deep midfielder like Busquets, Fernandinho or Casemiro with a pair of creative players on front who also move the ball forward and have some level of defensive responsibility like Xavi/Iniesta, Modric/Kroos and De Bruyne/Silva. I think we should also move that direction but that doesn't necessarily mean Vlasic is not useful because wingers who can drift inside are useful in these systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.