2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying that...the workflow would be;

A-- Would Brands/Silva have signed sigurdsson for £40mil+ ?

B -- If the answer is no then would they sell him in order to bring in a player who Silva felt would fit into his system better?

C-- If the answer is yes then how much would they want for him...?

Then it leads to the same questions for Vlasic and Dowell.

What im saying is, we have 3 attacking central midfielders...all have strengths and weaknesses...some may suit Brands/Silva in different ways e.g starting/rotation/resale etc

I think they will have an eye on Sigurdssons age (approaching 30) and Vlasic/Dowell being u21 and each have their own reasons to keep or sell.

Thats a fairly hefty transfer pot generated by selling at least 2 of those players...

One thing I like with this team is that they are not moving on and replacing players just for the sake of having their own people in. I'm sure they'll have a good look at all three before deciding. In any case, whether the three are good enough or not, don't we already have all 3 or 4 TYPES of Attacking Midfielders anyway? I think a change would be for quality not for a diff style:

Sigurdsson - a passing, unlocking type midfielder
Bernard - tricky skilful and quicker
Dowell - old fashioned passing and more like Siggy but less dynamic - got potential though
Vlasic - the powerful pacy attacking type no.10

What other type is there? If we compare to the best, then what other style is there?
I'm not comparing quality, just the style

Hazard - Vlasic is in that mould
Silva - Bernard sort of
Ozil - Dowell or Siggy
Pogba or Mata - Gomes (much better!)

I think the answers are

A - no but they are giving him a try
B - I think Bernard or Vlasic are the types would work in his system
C - I think we can only get £25m because he hasn't 'improved' after coming to us - just maintained standards but is 1.5 years older and we don't want him. If someone wants him we can ask for £35

Personally I would keep him if he understands initially he would be on the bench and it would be down to him to force his way in. If we have Europa he would start these games as he has more experience of different styles of football. If he was impressive in these games he would be given chances in the league if our starting player came off the boil. As for Sigurdsson I would sell in a heartbeat if someone came in with £25-30 million. He is currently one of our top 3 important players but he is like the girl with the curl. If we get a top striker and a wide right who also contributes his goals become less important. If he goes we could possible manage without replacing him as we would have Bernard, Vlasic, Lookman and Dowell as options.

I have never understood why Evertonians,some of them, are forever trying to break our team if there are signs of it becoming successful. Sigurdssen is a very important cog in our machine,and would be very difficult to replace. People clamoured for Lookman to replace Walcott and one game showed how much more important to us Walcott was compared with Lookman,who failed to take his chance big style. Now its Vlasic instead of Sigardsson I. Are people talking for talkings sake, or do they really mean this nonsense? More important by a long way is to try to secure Gomes on a permanent deal, and improve our striking options. We need additional scoring options as well as Siggy,not instead of him.

First of all, that's not the situation. Brands inherited Sigurdsson, so your premise is irrelevant. Second of all, in the CURRENT situation, there's no way he'd sell Sigurdsson even for 40M and rely on Vlasic to be our #10 this year or next. No way. There is a massive gap between those two players.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vlasic, happy that he's doing well, and if we bring him back over the summer and want to give him a shot at the backup 10, that's fine.

We could maybe sell Sigurdsson and not play with a number 10 at all, because there are other formations that exist and may benefit the manager's tactics more. Big Red are top of the league and don't play with a number 10. Vlasic would be suited to a 3 in midfield I reckon.

I have never understood why Evertonians,some of them, are forever trying to break our team if there are signs of it becoming successful. Sigurdssen is a very important cog in our machine,and would be very difficult to replace. People clamoured for Lookman to replace Walcott and one game showed how much more important to us Walcott was compared with Lookman,who failed to take his chance big style. Now its Vlasic instead of Sigardsson I. Are people talking for talkings sake, or do they really mean this nonsense? More important by a long way is to try to secure Gomes on a permanent deal, and improve our striking options. We need additional scoring options as well as Siggy,not instead of him.

Success by what measure? I think it is there for all to see that if we want to get into the top 6 and win trophies we still need better players across the park.

The squad right now is good but there are no prizes for 7th place and early cup exits.

Sigurdsson is part of our best team when on song however when he has bad games he is our worst player. He has too many bad games and also when he plays he tends to be the player that slows it down. If he had been signed for £25 million he would already have been benched. I think the price tag means he has to play as otherwise we have a really expensive player on the bench and who is gonna buy him then. As for Lookman for Walcott I've argued against that as Lookman isn't a right winger. Vlasic would be a drop in quality at the moment but in 2 years time when we should be challenging he may well have improved Sigurdsson is only going backwards from here so sometimes you have to see the bigger picture!

This is Everton mate.

People change their opinions during matches on what players to bin off and who to bring in..

Mainly all the fifa virgins.

File under ignore

We could maybe sell Sigurdsson and not play with a number 10 at all, because there are other formations that exist and may benefit the manager's tactics more. Big Red are top of the league and don't play with a number 10. Vlasic would be suited to a 3 in midfield I reckon.
They would sell in a heartbeat if they got an offer of 40mil. Like you say we could easily change to 433. Which I think is the system silva will build towards. It’s not as if siggurdsson is the king of our team. And guarantees 15 goals & assists every season.

This is Everton mate.

People change their opinions during matches on what players to bin off and who to bring in..

Mainly all the fifa virgins.

File under ignore

Not sure why fans wanting the 7th best team in England to sign better players makes them Fifa virgins. We are building something but the key word is building, a lot more needs to be added and quickly I think.

Not sure why fans wanting the 7th best team in England to sign better players makes them Fifa virgins.
It's all the day dreaming and nonsense names.

At the end of the day only brands and silva know who will fit the system

I doubt they play fifa too

Make of that what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.