2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success by what measure? I think it is there for all to see that if we want to get into the top 6 and win trophies we still need better players across the park.

The squad right now is good but there are no prizes for 7th place and early cup exits.

Vlasic at this moment doesn't get into our best eleven,neither does Lookman. Our current best eleven is the team that Silva regularly picks. It will be like this until we sign someone who gets into the team, or, less likely,one of the current squad players earns a place and KEEPS it based on performance. No one who has come in yet has merited a regular spot....Kenny had a longish run of games, but once Coleman was fit,he disappeared without trace. Lookman is not a 90 minute man,looks good in flashes, but no idea about team play. Silva has given him chances which he has not taken. £20/£30 million would be more use to us in the long term.

Vlasic at this moment doesn't get into our best eleven,neither does Lookman. Our current best eleven is the team that Silva regularly picks. It will be like this until we sign someone who gets into the team, or, less likely,one of the current squad players earns a place and KEEPS it based on performance. No one who has come in yet has merited a regular spot....Kenny had a longish run of games, but once Coleman was fit,he disappeared without trace. Lookman is not a 90 minute man,looks good in flashes, but no idea about team play. Silva has given him chances which he has not taken. £20/£30 million would be more use to us in the long term.

Gomes came in, played better than Davies and kept the spot, I'm guessing and hoping that's the yardstick, does a player perform better but additionally does the player he's linking up with play better also.

Gomes for example was a huge upgrade, but he had the bonus effect of gana improving for playing alongside him.

Long term we will hopefully see either s new rb or RW, coming in to a similar upgrade and indirect one on the other right sided player.

The game ultimately us about individual talent but also maybe as important is striking up partnerships all over the park.

The best side we've had in my lifetime had that in spades. Bracewell and Reid commented each other, Steven and Stevens did, same with Sheedy and pvdh, same with Gray and Sharpe. Same with Degsy and Ratters.

All of those players improved a lot due to who they had next to them, get that all across a team and even with inferior individual players you can outperform "better" sides.

Gomes came in, played better than Davies and kept the spot, I'm guessing and hoping that's the yardstick, does a player perform better but additionally does the player he's linking up with play better also.

Gomes for example was a huge upgrade, but he had the bonus effect of gana improving for playing alongside him.

Long term we will hopefully see either s new rb or RW, coming in to a similar upgrade and indirect one on the other right sided player.

The game ultimately us about individual talent but also maybe as important is striking up partnerships all over the park.

The best side we've had in my lifetime had that in spades. Bracewell and Reid commented each other, Steven and Stevens did, same with Sheedy and pvdh, same with Gray and Sharpe. Same with Degsy and Ratters.

All of those players improved a lot due to who they had next to them, get that all across a team and even with inferior individual players you can outperform "better" sides.

I agree with you on this if we upgrade the striker and RW and get Richarlison on the LW it might not matter that Bernard and Vlasic aren't as good as Sigurdsson in the number 10 role as their attributes may compliment the new players better. You might get less goals from them but they may create far more for the others so it is a net gain. However Vlasic needs to shut his mouth as he is making himself unlikeable and it means if he gets a chance the crowd will be less forgiving.

imagine how good he'd be if he had a player beside him who could pass to his own team mates too

It is just Champions League, not good enough for Premier League :coffee:

I hope that he leaves Everton in the end of the season...

48344932_1363278093809099_1853920301151158272_n.jpg

Generally the best teams of the last decade or so play a deep midfielder like Busquets, Fernandinho or Casemiro with a pair of creative players on front who also move the ball forward and have some level of defensive responsibility like Xavi/Iniesta, Modric/Kroos and De Bruyne/Silva. I think we should also move that direction but that doesn't necessarily mean Vlasic is not useful because wingers who can drift inside are useful in these systems.
You do realize Vlasic plays in Croatian midfield together with Rakitic
It is just Champions League, not good enough for Premier League :coffee:

I hope that he leaves Everton in the end of the season...

48344932_1363278093809099_1853920301151158272_n.jpg
Yeah, reading "experts" on this forum i begun to realize Vlasic is not a player for Everton. He is in CL best eleven, best player in Russia in whoscored , and he is 21 year old. He plays in Croatia first team along with Rakitic, Modric, Brozovic, Perisic, and Rebic, all players who Everton has no chance of signing in million years but he is not good enough for Everton squad. Kovacic was a sub for him in last match, but yeah Everton is much stronger team than Chelsea. Get real "experts"‍♂️

sell.
He isnt good enough for Everton or Premiership in general, he is very slow and unskilfull and too young
Lucky for us that his good game in very poor Russian league and his play against B; C; D team of Real will fool someone to pay for him 15-20 mil.
if we get 20 mil for him we just need about 7 m + around 5-7 m for wage for extraclass players like Tosun

sell

You do realize Vlasic plays in Croatian midfield together with Rakitic

Yeah, reading "experts" on this forum i begun to realize Vlasic is not a player for Everton. He is in CL best eleven, best player in Russia in whoscored , and he is 21 year old. He plays in Croatia first team along with Rakitic, Modric, Brozovic, Perisic, and Rebic, all players who Everton has no chance of signing in million years but he is not good enough for Everton squad. Kovacic was a sub for him in last match, but yeah Everton is much stronger team than Chelsea. Get real "experts"‍♂️

Brozovic was offered to us last season
Rebic plays for frankfurt :)

I like Vlasic as a player and i can think of other posters who agree with me.

However, he has to keep up his consistency until the end of the season and finish as one of the top players (or the top) in russia.

That will give the manager a decision to make.

There will be (hopefully) a lot of changes in the next 2 windows and i think we will see a very different Everton team emerge.

Its up to Vlasic to show he wants to be in it.

Anyone know what happens with him in these next 3 months? The Russian league is on it's winter break now and the next set of league games isn't until March.
Does he just sit it out and wait or will he be back over here doing some training with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.