2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize Vlasic plays in Croatian midfield together with Rakitic

Yeah, reading "experts" on this forum i begun to realize Vlasic is not a player for Everton. He is in CL best eleven, best player in Russia in whoscored , and he is 21 year old. He plays in Croatia first team along with Rakitic, Modric, Brozovic, Perisic, and Rebic, all players who Everton has no chance of signing in million years but he is not good enough for Everton squad. Kovacic was a sub for him in last match, but yeah Everton is much stronger team than Chelsea. Get real "experts"‍♂️

First of all, Everton tied Chelsea in London a couple weeks ago. They aren't THAT good.

Second of all, feel free to enlighten us about how often he's paired with Rakitic. Vlasic has played twice for Croatia in the past year - in case you forgot, he didn't play with Rakitic in the world cup because he wasn't good enough to make the team. Neither of those games did he play with Rakitic. So when did he play with Rakitic? Did I miss a match?

Third of all, if he is so good, just like Kovacic, who went to Real Madrid for 29M, Vlasic should be worth at LEAST 40M on the transfer market. And I'm sure one of those AMAZING clubs that are bigger than Everton will come calling for him for at least that. Agreed? Clearly Everton is fine with selling him, so what do you think he'll go for? 40M. Doubt it.

Fourth of all, Gylfi Sigurdsson has the 27th highest match rating on Whoscored in the PL this year and has more goals and just as many assists as Vlasic. That's who he's playing behind. For good reason, he's not as good. Now had Vlasic showed up to training camp with the right attitude and in any level of fitness, maybe he'd be getting games from the bench behind Gylfi But he didn't and was awful in training camp. So can you blame Silva?

Fifth of all, Brozovic would've signed with Everton, but Everton rejected the deal as they didn't want to move Schneiderlin for him. Terrible decision by EFC, but it's not like Brozovic wouldn't have come.

Look, Vlasic's got talent, most of us were happy he was bought. I think he can still get a game in the PL and Everton supported him and found him a good loan move for him and his career.

First of all, Everton tied Chelsea in London a couple weeks ago. They aren't THAT good.

Second of all, feel free to enlighten us about how often he's paired with Rakitic. Vlasic has played twice for Croatia in the past year - in case you forgot, he didn't play with Rakitic in the world cup because he wasn't good enough to make the team. Neither of those games did he play with Rakitic. So when did he play with Rakitic? Did I miss a match?

Third of all, if he is so good, just like Kovacic, who went to Real Madrid for 29M, Vlasic should be worth at LEAST 40M on the transfer market. And I'm sure one of those AMAZING clubs that are bigger than Everton will come calling for him for at least that. Agreed? Clearly Everton is fine with selling him, so what do you think he'll go for? 40M. Doubt it.

Fourth of all, Gylfi Sigurdsson has the 27th highest match rating on Whoscored in the PL this year and has more goals and just as many assists as Vlasic. That's who he's playing behind. For good reason, he's not as good. Now had Vlasic showed up to training camp with the right attitude and in any level of fitness, maybe he'd be getting games from the bench behind Gylfi But he didn't and was awful in training camp. So can you blame Silva?

Fifth of all, Brozovic would've signed with Everton, but Everton rejected the deal as they didn't want to move Schneiderlin for him. Terrible decision by EFC, but it's not like Brozovic wouldn't have come.

Look, Vlasic's got talent, most of us were happy he was bought. I think he can still get a game in the PL and Everton supported him and found him a good loan move for him and his career.

Golovin went to Monaco from CSKA last season for €30mil. Vlasic is performing at a higher level. So, theoretically should be at a higher value IF he keeps the same level over the season.

What are these whoscored stats for Sigurdsson having the 27th highest rating this season? Do you have a link...

Golovin went to Monaco from CSKA last season for €30mil. Vlasic is performing at a higher level. So, theoretically should be at a higher value IF he keeps the same level over the season.

What are these whoscored stats for Sigurdsson having the 27th highest rating this season? Do you have a link...
You and I know he’s not regarded like that.

And I just looked up the player ratings for the PL on whoscored.com. Same ones have Vlasic top of the Russian league.

You and I know he’s not regarded like that.

And I just looked up the player ratings for the PL on whoscored.com. Same ones have Vlasic top of the Russian league.

Regarded like what? Hes won player of the month there for 3 months...

Whoscored

Vlasic 18/19
Russian league 7.46
Champions league 7.89

Golovin 17/18
Russian league 7.25
Champions league 6.78

Golovin was sold for €30mil. Weve had one or two posters from CSKA on the site saying Vlasic looks a lot better.

Hes the benchmark.

If Vlasic was Brazilian fellas would tripping over themselves with praise.

Compare Vlasic with Bernard.
Personally think he's better. His combination of low centre of gravity, robustness, touch, pass and dribble are at the very least on par with Bernard.
And looks to have a better strike.

Want to see us have some little guys who can dribble, pass, score in the final third.

I don't see why a decent coach can't get Vlasic and Lookman becoming a major threat.
If the rest of the team can sort out getting these two in the box they will learn to cause havoc.
Take the time to build a style of play that suits them combining with Gylfi and Gomes.
We could look back and shake our heads in disbelief that we had all that in our grasp and let it go.

Personally think he's better. His combination of low centre of gravity, robustness, touch, pass and dribble are at the very least on par with Bernard.

Want to see us have some little guys who can dribble, pass, score in the final third.

I don't see why a decent coach can't get Vlasic and Lookman becoming a major threat.
If the rest of the team can sort out getting these two in the box they will learn to cause havoc.
Take the time to build a style of play that suits them combining with Gylfi and Gomes.
We could look back and shake our heads in disbelief that we had all that in our grasp and let it go.

Think Lookman + Vlasic may be in the side next season along with Richarlison to cover 3 positions.

However i wish Vlasic could track back and tackle as we really lack a CM to play alongside Gomes.

Perhaps hes adding it to his game in Russia?

What aspects of his game don’t suit the Premier League?

Currently I'd say his pace and composure. He looked shocked by the step up in pace when he came in. I'm not saying he couldn't eventually develop these characteristics but currently his power running and skillset suits the likes of an Italian league if you ask me. He isn't going to get a run as our number ten right now is he and he doesn't look capable on the wings. Looks like Silva agrees he needs more experience or adaption to be premier league ready. In fact he kept Dowell over him.

He's a good player who could be developed but Bernard is more experienced and better now and when he adapts fully to this league will provide even more. He has created quite a few chances others have spurned.

Status
Not open for further replies.