2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CRIMHEAD also, if Brands/Silva had £40mil+ and big wages to spend on an attacking central midfielder, would they go for a Sigurdsson or Vlasic type of player...or someone with different skillsets?

I think if someone came in with a decent chunk approaching £30mil then Sigurdsson would be sold, we may even sell Vlasic and Dowell too...but certainly dont see Sigurdsson as being someone irreplaceable...apart from his goals which we need -- as currently only Richarlison scores.
This doesn't make sense
Why sell siggy (at a loss) and vlasic just starting to make a name for himself
To buy a zggy/vlasic type player?

This doesn't make sense

Im not saying that...the workflow would be;

A-- Would Brands/Silva have signed sigurdsson for £40mil+ ?

B -- If the answer is no then would they sell him in order to bring in a player who Silva felt would fit into his system better?

C-- If the answer is yes then how much would they want for him...?

Then it leads to the same questions for Vlasic and Dowell.

What im saying is, we have 3 attacking central midfielders...all have strengths and weaknesses...some may suit Brands/Silva in different ways e.g starting/rotation/resale etc

I think they will have an eye on Sigurdssons age (approaching 30) and Vlasic/Dowell being u21 and each have their own reasons to keep or sell.

Thats a fairly hefty transfer pot generated by selling at least 2 of those players...

This doesn't make sense
He gets very confused.

He looks at that many player he stays he starts combining players together.

He must be a sagittarius or gemini..

@CRIMHEAD also, if Brands/Silva had £40mil+ and big wages to spend on an attacking central midfielder, would they go for a Sigurdsson or Vlasic type of player...or someone with different skillsets?

I think if someone came in with a decent chunk approaching £30mil then Sigurdsson would be sold, we may even sell Vlasic and Dowell too...but certainly dont see Sigurdsson as being someone irreplaceable...apart from his goals which we need -- as currently only Richarlison scores.

They would go for Sigurdsson because he's a much better player than Vlasic. No way and I mean NO WAY Sigurdsson gets sold for 30M. No way. Even if he were to get sold, they sure as heck wouldn't count on Vlasic to be his replacement. That would be insane.

They would go for Sigurdsson because he's a much better player than Vlasic. No way and I mean NO WAY Sigurdsson gets sold for 30M. No way. Even if he were to get sold, they sure as heck wouldn't count on Vlasic to be his replacement. That would be insane.

Its insane to think Marcel Brands would pay £40mil+ for Gylfi Sigurdsson.

How much would you think is an acceptable fee for a player turning 30 in september?

Its insane to think Marcel Brands would pay £40mil+ for Gylfi Sigurdsson.

How much would you think is an acceptable fee for a player turning 30 in september?

First of all, that's not the situation. Brands inherited Sigurdsson, so your premise is irrelevant. Second of all, in the CURRENT situation, there's no way he'd sell Sigurdsson even for 40M and rely on Vlasic to be our #10 this year or next. No way. There is a massive gap between those two players.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vlasic, happy that he's doing well, and if we bring him back over the summer and want to give him a shot at the backup 10, that's fine.

First of all, that's not the situation. Brands inherited Sigurdsson, so your premise is irrelevant. Second of all, in the CURRENT situation, there's no way he'd sell Sigurdsson even for 40M and rely on Vlasic to be our #10 this year or next. No way. There is a massive gap between those two players.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vlasic, happy that he's doing well, and if we bring him back over the summer and want to give him a shot at the backup 10, that's fine.

Im not sure how that is a response to my post?

You stated that of Vlasic (€9mil), Dowell (youth) and Sigurdsson (£44mil) Brands/Silva would go for Sigurdsson.

You stated that it was insane not to go for him

I responded by saying they wouldnt and that its insane to think so.

If you think Sigurdsson wouldnt be sold for £40mil then...i think thats incorrect.

Hes not a player chosen by either the manager or DOF and no way worth £40mil...lol £40mil for someone turning 30 in september lol

They wouldn’t pay £40m for Sig but luckily someone did it for them.

How i wish Brands had £40mil instead.

Im not sure how that is a response to my post?

You stated that of Vlasic (€9mil), Dowell (youth) and Sigurdsson (£44mil) Brands/Silva would go for Sigurdsson.

You stated that it was insane not to go for him

I responded by saying they wouldnt and that its insane to think so.

If you think Sigurdsson wouldnt be sold for £40mil then...i think thats incorrect.

Hes not a player chosen by either the manager or DOF and no way worth £40mil...lol £40mil for someone turning 30 in september lol

How i wish Brands had £40mil instead.
The only way I can see siggurdsson being sold is
1) someone coming in and offering good money
2) if silva wants to play a different system
433, which I think is the system he prefers. Without a recognised number 10.

Do they keep him in the team for another couple of years and at 32 be left with a player that wouldn’t fetch much money. Or sell this summer for a decent fee.

I doubt Brands will ever spend big on a 28yr old

@Zatara you said that you think Sig would be sold for £30m. Someone disagreed and now you’ve just turned it into a debate over whether brands and silva would now pay £40m for Sig, when the circumstances are cleary much different from when we did get him.

On the point the other poster actually seemed to take issue with, I agree and don’t think Sig would be sold for £30m

The only way I can see siggurdsson being sold is
1) someone coming in and offering good money
2) if silva wants to play a different system
433, which I think is the system he prefers. Without a recognised number 10.

Do they keep him in the team for another couple of years and at 32 be left with a player that wouldn’t fetch much money. Or sell this summer for a decent fee.

I doubt Brands will ever spend big on a 28yr old

Spot on.

@Zatara you said that you think Sig would be sold for £30m. Someone disagreed and now you’ve just turned it into a debate over whether brands and silva would now pay £40m for Sig, when the circumstances are cleary much different from when we did get him.

On the point the other poster actually seemed to take issue with, I agree and don’t think Sig would be sold for £30m

Read back mate...i asked if Sigurdsson would be bought by Brands for £40mil + also he wrote that he believed he would be...

Initially id written Brands would take £30mil which he later said he didnt believe brands would sell for £40mil

End of the day, he could have sat on our bench all season and gained nothing but he has gone to a competitive European side, been a star player for them and last night gone toe to toe with Isco.

This is the sort of loan move we'd never previously make and capitalize on so I'm hoping Brands is even more of a genius than we thought.

Personally I would keep him if he understands initially he would be on the bench and it would be down to him to force his way in. If we have Europa he would start these games as he has more experience of different styles of football. If he was impressive in these games he would be given chances in the league if our starting player came off the boil. As for Sigurdsson I would sell in a heartbeat if someone came in with £25-30 million. He is currently one of our top 3 important players but he is like the girl with the curl. If we get a top striker and a wide right who also contributes his goals become less important. If he goes we could possible manage without replacing him as we would have Bernard, Vlasic, Lookman and Dowell as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.